Well, at least the Headgasket didn't go..

Soldato
but the roof should not have caved in like that. im gonna find some pics of my brothers Renault "built in France from tin foil, empty cig boxes and fruit" CLio, that he rolled 3 times :D

Soldato
geiger said:
I reckon at least 20 is possible, probably whatever the equalivant in first is.
Almost any average car gets unstable when reversed at speed
I'd imagine more like 35mph is possible - they could certainly achieve that in 1st.

Soldato
haha why do they make reverse so tall? its comical to imagine the need to reverse that fast.

im not volunteering to dis/prove this one :p

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Matt82 said:
it fell off at 50. face it, the rover is dirt

Depends what part of the roof he rolled it onto really doesn't it. Plus it depends on the structural strength of the roof. For all you know its not holding the car together like a junkbox clio so it only has to be strong enough to hold the weight of the car. Its only deformed about an inch. Its the A Pillar thats gone, it looks like it took the full force of the blow.

Plus thats a Y reg clio versus a M reg Rover, I'd certainly hope that the clio would be a bit safer...

Edit: My Nan and Grandad had an L reg 216 Auto, the auto box failed and decided to catapult them forward through a hedge down a steep embankment and into a brick wall at about 20mph. No one was hurt and the car was less damaged than that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Matt82 said:
but the roof should not have caved in like that. im gonna find some pics of my brothers Renault "built in France from tin foil, empty cig boxes and fruit" CLio, that he rolled 3 times :D

Depends on what he rolled on doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Personally i would like a car that deforms rather than staying rock solid and not changing shape.

Oh sorry, I forgot this was another opportunity to slate Rovers, You can carry on to make yourselves feel better.

Soldato
the roof deformed to that degree when the car rolled into its roof, at no more than ~30mph. can you imagine what it would look like if it would have to absorb the impact of a 50mph collision. the roof would be level with the dash and the driver would more than likely be dead.

no suprise that rover is over.

the clio navigated a ditch in the process to.

if the roof on the rover is not holding the car together, is it therefore a decorational piece?

again, face it, they are pathetically built cars. did you ever see the NCAP photos of the Metro? they bring tears to your eyes

Soldato
Simon said:
Depends on what he rolled on doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Personally i would like a car that deforms rather than staying rock solid and not changing shape.

Oh sorry, I forgot this was another opportunity to slate Rovers, You can carry on to make yourselves feel better.

i would love a car with a roof that deforms aorund my head. lovely

Soldato
Matt82 said:
the roof deformed to that degree when the car rolled into its roof, at no more than ~30mph. can you imagine what it would look like if it would have to absorb the impact of a 50mph collision.
It wouldn't be the that much different. The car wasn't dropped on it's roof, but simply rolled. More speed in a horizontal direction surely wouldn't make a huge amount of difference :confused:

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Matt82 said:
again, face it, they are pathetically built cars. did you ever see the NCAP photos of the Metro? they bring tears to your eyes

No worse than most other 90's cars.

The Clio from the same year got barely any better than the metro.

Soldato
M0T said:
No worse than most other 90's cars.

The Clio from the same year got barely any better than the metro.

r100_09.jpg

lovely

Back
Top Bottom