MPEG-4 to AVI

Associate
I have a DVD recorder downstairs under the "telly" and it record in Mpeg-4 format, now a couple of hours comes to a shocking 5gb, Now what software that is "GOOD" that converts them into an awsome 700mb (ish) AVI file?

I am willing to spend a lot of money on some decent software as I am pretty desperate for this.

Townlea

EDIT: Also some software that converts .MP4 to AVI/Mpg

Soldato
i thought mpeg 4 is divx/xvid etc? are you sure the dvd recorder is recording in mpeg 4? and its not something else? as it should last a whole half a day if it was a avi file.

Associate
OP
sja360 said:
i thought mpeg 4 is divx/xvid etc? are you sure the dvd recorder is recording in mpeg 4? and its not something else? as it should last a whole half a day if it was a avi file.

yes its recording in mpeg 4 and coming out with 2 hour sessions @ 5gb a .mpg file lol

basically all am asking is a piece of software to make it into an AVI

Associate
OP
This is kinda cool, I used both VirtualDub AND autogk, and the thing is when i started to encode with autogk it worked together with virtualdub which was awsome, I set the size on autogk and clicked start and then appeared virtualdub in a command promt and doing the encoding, results were really good and the size I chose on autogk. :)

Back
Top Bottom