Fan noise query??

Associate
Hi ive got 3 fan blowing air into the case an 80mm, a 92mm and a 120mm and the only fan ive got taking air out is my power supply which has two 80mm. Does this setup provide enough airflow out or should i add a silent fan to the top blowhole?

Sorry if this makes no sense!!

Permabanned
Do you really need all those fans? I don't have any in my case. If you have to have some then i would have 1 intake at the front and one exhaust at the rear. Have you tried it with less fans?

Associate
superpc said:
Do you really need all those fans? I don't have any in my case. If you have to have some then i would have 1 intake at the front and one exhaust at the rear. Have you tried it with less fans?

Does you system run hot? if not lose a fan. One intake and one exhaust should be fine.

Associate
OP
Sorry i should make it clearer the 120mm fan is part of my water cooling which cools the processor and the graphics card.

The 120mm fan is located at the back bringing cold air in over the rad which means i get great temps for the processor and graphics card.

Because of this there is very little airflow in the case especially around the pci slots and the harddrives. Therefore i have a 92mm fan taking cold air onto the graphics card memory and an 80mm fan cooling the harddrive bay at the lower front of the case.

All my fans are silent and the only thing making the noise is my psu. Is this beause air is being forced through it by the pressure caused by the other fans? And if so can i reduce this by adding another silent fan to the top blowhole?

Back
Top Bottom