• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 7900 availability.

Caporegime
Amusing how this time its Nvidia having a criminally low shortage of 7900's after release... even Dell can't get their hands on any and are starting to take them off of their system builds http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31065 and nearly all major webstores are pre-order despite the cards being launched a good month ago.

ATI were slated for this rather viciously a while back if you remember.

Swings and roundabouts it seems. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Yes product is still short but OcUK have always had 7900 GT in stock since launch from one partner or other and at the moment we have Asus, BFG, Gainward, OcUK all in stock with XFX due later this week. :)

We also have both Gainward and OcUK GTX cards in stock at OcUK too, along with other makes en-route to ourselves. :)

kbc

kbc

Associate
Bit of a joke really, glad I didn't wait for a 7900GTX, else I'll be waiting for months (if I haven't done so already)... and perhaps ultimately paying a high price for one. :rolleyes:

Glad I picked up a 7900GT.

Well done OcUK for having them in stock. :)

Associate
Richdog said:
Amusing how this time its Nvidia having a criminally low shortage of 7900's after release... even Dell can't get their hands on any and are starting to take them off of their system builds http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31065 and nearly all major webstores are pre-order despite the cards being launched a good month ago.

ATI were slated for this rather viciously a while back if you remember.

Swings and roundabouts it seems. :)

Congrats on making a fanboy thread...

Overclockers have 7900's in stock

Permabanned
How is this a fanboy thread, the fact is it is a disgrace that a company as large as Nvidia cannot get it right for the second time in a row, the 7800s were out of stock for ages also.

I am waiting on a 7900GTX which I ordered several days ago, the fact is that if I had ordered ATI I would be building my new rig now!!!

And it sucks a lot waiting for expensive parts when you have a week off, knowing my luck I will get it after Friday. ( I work Saterday).

EDIT: yes they are in stock but I am not paying £50 to get it a day earlier.

Soldato
I ordered a 7900GTX from a competitor as they were showing in stock and ocuk had none. The next day the stock had suddenly disappeared and competitor x told me i'd have to wait about 2 weeks.

a few days after i noticed ocuk had gainward ones in stock, ordered and had it next day. I think it's down to luck where you can find them really.

Permabanned
No. Mentioning ATI doesn't make you a fanboy, the thread has a valid point, he simply added that ATI once had this issue in the past. OMG fanboyism at its most extreme.

Soldato
CaSh_MoNeY said:
If its not a fanboy thread then why did the op add the part about ATi...

If you want to discuss 7900 availability, ATi doesn’t need to be mentioned does it?

Oh go away :p He's merely highlighting the fact that when this happened to ATi, the green brigade jumped on ATi saying, "OMGZ0rs u liek c that??// its liek thy cnt mak them in tym!!1 lolololz". Where-as when it happens to the nVidia, no-one mentions owt.

It's an observation; nothing he says incites any corperate hatred, so shurr'up.

-RaZ

egt

egt

Associate
The reason ati got slated last time was because they did a paper launch, and yep, totally pointless thread.

Associate
MoNkeE said:
Oh go away :p He's merely highlighting the fact that when this happened to ATi, the green brigade jumped on ATi saying, "OMGZ0rs u liek c that??// its liek thy cnt mak them in tym!!1 lolololz". Where-as when it happens to the nVidia, no-one mentions owt.
-RaZ

errr yea sure, in English would be great.

Pointless thread

Soldato
egt said:
The reason ati got slated last time was because they did a paper launch, and yep, totally pointless thread.
Well, if ATI did a paper launch then Nvidia has done a cardboard one, as it hasn't been much better - the GTX's availability has stunk since release.

egt

egt

Associate
BubbySoup said:
Well, if ATI did a paper launch then Nvidia has done a cardboard one, as it hasn't been much better - the GTX's availability has stunk since release.

Yes, there is low stock of the gtx's (hence high prices) but it's still not a paper launch. Gtx's are available.

Caporegime
OP
CaSh_MoNeY said:
Congrats on making a fanboy thread...

Overclockers have 7900's in stock

Dear complete and utter plonker who needs to think before he posts,

90% of my video cards have always been Nvidia, and I loved them, so I can hardly be accuse of being an ATI fanbiy. As has been said, this was just to highlight that ATI aren't the only ones this happens to, and people were very quick to jump all over ATI when it happened to them, and indeed it has been used as ammunition for a long while.

I'm not a fanboy to any company, I just have the ability to look at a situation objectively unlike 80% of people on here who cry "fanboy" the moment someone actually looks at two sides of a story. This is a very relevant issue and it's funny how the only ones complaining about the thread are the ones with a past reputation for fanboyism, while the more mature people are just noting the observation for what it is... an observation.

egt

egt

Associate
Typical cry of innocence, tbh.

This thread was created to stir up trouble, simple as.

I suggest the mods should lock it.

Back
Top Bottom