Need Cooling Advice

Associate
I have an AKASA AK-860 currently fitted to my A64 3700+ on an Asrock Dual Sata M/B. I am using a coolermaster case, but I am having terrible issues with cooling.

I soon reach my overclock limit at 2.53Ghz with CPU temps hitting 54-57c under load. I have reduced voltage to 1.325v to combat the temps and they now max out at 54-55c.

This is still way too hot for me. I am in the process of modding the case to allow a 120mm Fan on the front, to increase cool airflow into the case, but I need an improved cooling system on the CPU.

Can you guys advise which would be the best CPU cooler to fit to my set-up. I have no backing plates, so any cooler would need to supply them if it requires them. I use the PCI-e slot, so the cooler must leave plenty of room around that to not contact with that.

Please give me your advice..

Associate
I have the same CPU and MB, just fitted the Scythe Ninja Plus to mine and it's great. You might want to check the height though. It comes with all the necessary mounting hardware.

Soldato
your temps still seem way to high for that sort of overclock even with the stock cooler

With the stock AMD cooler i was only maxing about 46 degrees under load with my 3700 running @ 2.7ghz.

I have one 80mm intake and one 120mm exhaust fan. CPU now running under a Artic freezer pro 64 cooler and runs at about 40 degree under full load.

Associate
OP
A random name said:
What's the ambient temperature of your room like?

About 23c. Gets a lot warmer with the PC in there now though.

Essentially it's a cupboard, so no windows, only one door.

PC is also mounted in an enclosure which doesn't help, but there are plenty of exhaust points for the air to leave, and the front of the enclosure is open, so airflow is unrestricted into the PC.

I have 2 exhaust fans on the top of the case, currently not in use, but I shall look into getting some adapters for the cables to get them switched on.

Back
Top Bottom