Seagate Support Fantastic

Soldato
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some info regarding Seagate.

I was having some issues with a drive that i thought a firmware update would solve.

Emailed over a request this morning , expecting a reply next week with it being a Sunday. Got a mail back about 2 hours ago asking for serial numbers etc, then an hour ago i got the new firmware and full instructions straight to my mail box.

Hows that for a good tech service :cool:

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it solved a small problem i was having ,

Its not something that you normally do, and its not something a Harddrive manufacturer would post up for download.

I was lucky and the drive booted straight back into XP, but the support said to back up eveything just in case.

I had to also step up the firmware one at a time, as it could have destroyed the H/D going straight to the latest firmware apparantly

ATI

ATI

Associate
Coolasmoo said:
Yeah, it solved a small problem i was having ,

Its not something that you normally do, and its not something a Harddrive manufacturer would post up for download.

I was lucky and the drive booted straight back into XP, but the support said to back up eveything just in case.

I had to also step up the firmware one at a time, as it could have destroyed the H/D going straight to the latest firmware apparantly

seagate not bad keep it up

today i recieved my replacement via ups the whole think took about 7 days i think

Back
Top Bottom