Internet Explorer 6 problem ?

Associate
When on sites where I have to enter passwords eg. eBay, and when moving from one section to another, I have to re enter my password each time I change page, even on this site this happens, this only happens using I.E. When I browse the same sites using Avant I only have to logon on entering the site, Any ideas as to how to solve this would be appreciated. Alan. EDIT. I have found that if i press ctrl when switching pages i dont have to re logon, if thats any help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi there Alan, and welcome to the forums :) In your internet options: At the top of your web browser select: tools-internet options-privacy: is the default button selected for this option(this will allow cookies) also in tools-internet options-general-temp internet files -settings: select "check for new versions of stored pages" every visit to the page, if it is not already selected. One more and then we're done. tools-internet options-gerneral-temp internet files: delete cookies and delete files (selecting off line content when prompted). Close your browser and try again.
Hope this helps :)

PS Firefox is rather good ;)

Associate
OP
:D Thanks for your assistance it certainly seems to have helped (so far !!) I knew this was the right site to seek help, Pity about the post jockeys though! they seem to be getting in the way of sensible exchanges of information on a lot of forums nowadays, The old saying comes to mind If you've nowt useful to say shut up ;) :D
Thanks Again , Alan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom