• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will HDMI graphics cards give us decent sound?

Associate
I'm waiting to update my computer - waiting until monitors and graphics cards that support HDMI are available, as I can only get two out of a graphics card, a TV tuner card and a sound card. My question is, do you think graphics card manufacturers will start including decent sound reproduction in their cards, as HDMI can be used for both video and audio?

Associate
if the hole nvidia doing the audio of some new system is true, then eventually probably the above will be. good audio.

was it not the ps3s nvidia chip that has been reported that it may be doing sound aswell due to some leaked diagram

Soldato
But if you were to use the HDMI connection from your graphics card to your monitor, where would your speakers plug into? Your monitor?

Or am I missing the point and you want to use your card for DV editing or something and want a HDMI input?

Associate
OP
I have a Yamaha v1600 AV amp which has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output, although now you mention it, not many people would have a similar setup and it wouldn't make too much sense for them to include sound :( ...

Back
Top Bottom