Blair to receive acolade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Originally posted by cousin_itt
and how do we know that?

puppet = resentment = violence

economic sanctions have crippled the country.
the current seiges are inhumane.
the thousand upon thousand wounded civilians are experiencing pain akin to torture.

many will die because of insufficient medical facilities.

hundreds more will die from unexploded cluster bombs, after hussain is ousted.

Tbh we dont know, i mean the yanks put saddam in power and look what happened, so i will have to agree that we dont know what will happen.

I would hope the Iraq people can have a better life in years to come and that this war atleast offers a chance for a better government, the way it is now a change just might give them that.

Associate
how many fatherless children have we created from the poor conscripts forced to fight an impossible battle?

how many women will bare children with missing eyes and jaws and sick for life?

we've screwed that country up as much as hussain has, probably more so.

the next decade will tell.

Soldato
how many fatherless children have we created from the poor conscripts forced to fight an impossible battle?

Truly unbelievable....So now its our fault that the iraqi conscripts trying to kill our soldiers are killed. Its our fault they are forced into fighting? Its our fault that they are trying to kill our soldiers?

Soldato
Originally posted by riotstar
Well, technically yes, if we weren't there in the first place... ;)

That argument can go right back for hundreds of years of blame mate. It also doesnt hold up :)

xgfunk

X

xgfunk

Although i believe going to war against iraq. Mr.Blair wont be recieving my vote come election time as the crap way he is running things back home. I work in the NHS and it goes downhill on a daily basis /me looks at the new national pay structure for the NHS < now that a complete pile of crap to start with.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Balddog
That argument can go right back for hundreds of years of blame mate. It also doesnt hold up :)

True, we'd be here all day :)

I'm trying to keep quiet on the whole war threads thing, as all thatr ever happens is that we end up in circular arguments. Both sides have their views and it's highly unlikely that they're gona change :)

Soldato
Sorry, I never posted my opinion of Blair:

I have immense respect for him and the way he has stuck to his guns (no pun intended). Politicians often have to make unpopular decisions, so when they stick to it... hats off to them.

That doesn't mean I agree with him as I've made clear many many times. I think his judgement of what action was necessary was outright wrong in almost every conceivable way, but kudos to him.

(He won't be getting my vote come the next general elections either)

Associate
Originally posted by Balddog
Truly unbelievable....So now its our fault that the iraqi conscripts trying to kill our soldiers are killed. Its our fault they are forced into fighting? Its our fault that they are trying to kill our soldiers?

if you think we are blameless, you're not taking a very wide view.

Soldato
if you think we are blameless, you're not taking a very wide view.

I didnt say blameless. Thats a huge leap from something being our fault..You made it sound as though it was entirely our fault, that we were forcing those poor iraqi soldiers to fire at our troops and uphold saddams regime.

Soldato
I wont be voting for Blair. I think he has done right so far in this war on terror but him and his party havent got a clue when it comes to sorting out the many domestic problems that floods our country.

Unfortunately there isnt much else to vote for so i will probs abstain at the next election. Oh i wish the tories had someone worth voting for. :(

Custor

C

Custor

1st two sentences don't take long to read. You read it and quote from it what I'm supposed to eek about. So your quoting another article now. ;)

A morgue from 1985? Well tell you what you tell me how many people USA has executed and then how many people in this morgure were executed. Then highlight which is the horrible country.

Associate
if one does not support the destruction of something, does that automatically make one a supporter of it?

i don't think so.

i'm not supporting hussain by condemning the slaughter. this war was time-tabled by climatic conditions and forth-coming elections.

there was not suitable humanitarian planning before hand.
that is unforgivable, utterly repugnant.

why is american humanitarian aid still the same colour as cluster bomblets? they changed it in afghanistan, but now it's back to yellow!

there were lies and deceit, plagarism and propaganda from our politicians.

we have learned nothing from this war.
we will still arm dictators.
we will ignor human rights violations where we have no national interest.

umm-qasr STILL does not have enough clean water.
it's a complete disgrace, morally indefensible.
http://argument.independent.co.uk/commentators/story.jsp?story=394123

everyone should get their bank cards out and send some cash to the icrc, seeing as this war seems to have given so much pleasure to the masses.
it's depressed me, made me almost throw up, destroyed by faith in reason, destroyed my faith in public debate.
politicians and media have reverted to racism, inciting hate and hiding facts to make their case appear righteous.

and they want to give tony a gold star - only the neo-conservative hawks would have the gall.

Associate
if that doesnt shut up the anti war people nothing will.
the lack of an investigation by the pentagon in to the containers of death in afghanistan is almost an admition of guilt.
the evidence i've seen is utterly damning. one of the instagators of the icc is crying out for an investigation in light of the vast weight of evidence.
hussain's regime is no more brutal than what took place under the auspices of the us military.
no more brutal.

Permabanned

hussain's regime is no more brutal than what took place under the auspices of the us military.
no more brutal.

True.. but most people either won't believe it or don't care.. those people deserved it, or it's okay when we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom