Using Photoshop To Make Websites

Associate
My friend uses the auto PhotoAlbum layout for his pictures (using photoshop cs2) and i often find that it doesnt render correctly in firefox, using IE, renders the page correctly though.

Permabanned
Spunkey said:
Once you've created youre design in PS, use ImageReady's slice and generate to get the HTML code. It's not great, but it is a bit better than photoshops version. You'll still have to modify the code by hand to get it looking somewhat respectable.

By time hes got the code back to normal, he might aswell of written it from the ground up.

Imageready will use coords to position rollovers etc, ughh.

Associate
I used photoshop to make the design, then I slice whatever needs slicing myself manually and code the whole thing from scratch using dreamweaver/notepad.

Much MUCH better than using the slice and export html in photoshop!

Associate
go for it slice and dice away :D add a few (minimum of five) lens flares before you slice to make it truly 90's retro site, and the ultimate touch ... animated post box link but done with an image map :eek:

i miss the good old days :(

Soldato
ClearChaos said:
go for it slice and dice away :D add a few (minimum of five) lens flares before you slice to make it truly 90's retro site, and the ultimate touch ... animated post box link but done with an image map :eek:
Now that would be a cool site :cool:

Don't lynch me, I'm joking!

Associate
An earlier thread illustrates all that is bad about using ImageReady to build your site : (One of) The worst website(s) in the world!

Problems:
a) Utterly inaccessible
b) archaic layout table HTML
c) 100% images, massive download time

The layout of the Diplo site could easily be done in CSS, with 99% of the text rendered as styled HTML text, meaning the page would download faster and be a lot more accessible.

Some of the other examples in that thread definitely fit into the cringe-worthy : Adam Sky's site for example :)

Associate
Strangely enough, the site in question in the thread I referred to has now replaced their ImageReady example with a rather unambitious flash site.

Soldato
iLLmatic said:
If you want to make amazing layouts etc, then hell yes.

obv you need dreamweaver/notepad to code the site

Not 100% though if you want to make amazing sites as with photoshop EVERYTHING is an image, so to avoid this you'd slice it carefully, then use repeat CSS where you can and convert it to CSS rather than whatever photoshop uses.

Craig.

Back
Top Bottom