OCUK Vtec Club

Soldato
Very old pics must get some new ones.... JDM BB4

Ludeback.jpg

Prelude1.jpg

dirtylude.jpg

The stickers and orange repeaters are gone!! :)

Associate
2004 CTR

Current spec: GruppeM carbonfibre induction, Hondata KPro ECU, Toda Racing manifold, Spoon Sports catback, Quaife ATB LSD, Toda Racing flywheel, Toda Racing balanced clutch, Energy Suspension engine mounts, JDM spec front & rear swaybars, Ferodo DS2500 front & rear, Goodridge lines, Castrol SRF fluid, TechOne 6000k HID kit, custom spec geometry.

Future plans: Toda Racing 2.1 stroker kit. Toda Racing cams/springs/titanium retainers. Bride Zeta III seats. Stripped and caged. Endless 4pot brakes. Baffled sump.

furka.jpg

Furka Pass at sunset, Switzerland

hairpin.jpg

Hairpin fun approx 30 mins from the ring

Soldato
awesome pics evilowl. Allthough hairpin ridden mountain roads are most deffinatly FR territory, the only honda allowed on that road should be an S2000 :p

Associate
MeAnBoY said:
Man that view is absolutely stunning, cars not bad either :D
Cheers
Mic said:
Are they standard lights?
The rear lights on the facelift CTRs are Lexus-esque, I don't care for them personally but I don't have to look at them when I'm driving. I have a HID conversion up front so as long as I can see where I'm going them I'm happy ;)
Clarkey said:
awesome pics evilowl. Allthough hairpin ridden mountain roads are most deffinatly FR territory, the only honda allowed on that road should be an S2000 :p
Cheers, there's a ton more here for anyone that's interested. We went from St Moritz to the Stelvio Pass and then right back across Switzerland to Chamonix in a day - and this was avoiding all the main roads and taking in as many passes as we could. Best day of driving in my life by far.

You're right though, although I reckon a 360 Stradale would be a lot more fun! To be fair though the Quaife diff really comes into it's own on these roads, and my geometry setup and rear JDM sway bar go a long way towards creating a much more neutral chassis so it's pretty well suited to this type of terrain.

Soldato
lol, fair enough yeah s2k is deffo a downhill car. Without wanting to sound like too much of an ID fanboy, my uphill car of choice would be an FD RX7, powerful AND agile.
MR cars are good and well but you aount gonna be drifting the hairpins in one of those unless of course you are some kind of uber driver.

Associate
Well I can't beat evilowl's list of mods on my "Sister" car (2004 ctr black - fastest colour) but I can enjoy it as much i'm sure :)

All you need is a non-standard airbox to enjoy the VTEC sound which is what this thread is all about, right?

ctyper1.jpg

ctyper4.jpg

Associate
Paul Spiteri said:
Well I can't beat evilowl's list of mods on my "Sister" car (2004 ctr black - fastest colour) but I can enjoy it as much i'm sure :)
Yeah thats what it's all about really, one of the best production gearboxes and an 8200rpm limiter!
Paul Spiteri said:
All you need is a non-standard airbox to enjoy the VTEC sound which is what this thread is all about, right?
Yep - although mine sounds more like a Tie Fighter these days lol. What airbox did you go for?

Oh and mine's never that clean lol.

Associate
It's a pipercross open cone air filter bought by the previous owner. I know it isn't regarded as the best by any means (yeah, that'd be yours!) but it has got to be one of the loudest which is suprisingly fun.

Soldato
Honda Civic Coupe with "FP" kit

my turn to do some VTEC pimping! may not be a Type R, but give it some welly and enjoy the kick...

DSC01339.JPG

DSC01337.JPG

civic.jpg

civic_roadside.jpg

civic_clean.jpg

(last two taken this morning with from the camera phone, apologies for the sizes and quality!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom