Second odd phone call in two days

Soldato
So yesterday i got a phone call from an Indian bloke on my house phone (student house). He said he was from Toucan mobile or something (couldnt really hear him). He was trying to tell me he could offer some amazing deals or whatever so after humouring him for a bit i let him go.

Now i just had a 'courtesy phonecall' from another foreign-sounding women this time, on my mobile. She said she was ringing from 'Club mobile' or something? :confused: and asked me if i'm on contract or PAYG. It's annoying because both times i got sucked in because they sound simlar to T-Mobile which i'm on. So i started saying this time 'are you going to try and sell me something' etc.. and she kept saying no its just a courtesy call at which point i finally told her i was on a contract and she said 'thank you very much' and hung up :confused:

Whats the deal? Are they just trying to sell me stuff or should i worry? :confused:

Oh, the number for the woman was 0800 1385425.

Caporegime
Man gets junk phone calls, film at 11.

</idiot response>

Sign up for the TPS. Some idiots will still call anyway, but it eliminates a lot of junk calls. Not sure if such a thing exists for mobiles.

Soldato
When people call up my Orange mobile about contracts I ask them if they're employed by Orange. When they invariably dodge the question I tell them to get bent. I've got no time for them. Everytime I get a stupid call I demand to be removed from their list. Makes me feel a lot better when the next person gets an earful, should have taken me off their list when I asked in the first place. :p

Caporegime
vonhelmet said:
Man gets junk phone calls, film at 11.

</idiot response>

Sign up for the TPS. Some idiots will still call anyway, but it eliminates a lot of junk calls. Not sure if such a thing exists for mobiles.

some idiots?
no, just the ones who dont recognise the tps unless you tell them when they ring, oh, and foreign companies ;]

btw, t-mobile will soon be stopping 3rd party companies calling their customer base.
will be the first network to do so.

Permabanned
I have had blazing arguments with some of these people on the phone.

When they ask if your on contract, you say yes and they ask how much you spend a month on your contract, so I ask why I should tell them that info, why dont you just tell me how cheap your deal is, to which they always refuse.

Then when you tell them your not interested, they insist this is the best deal ever and refuse to go away.

I have started just asking them personal details about where they live and their families etc, they hang then alright :D

Soldato
I love these calls, the buggers have even taken to leaving me answer phone messages now :( Had one last week from some people wanting me to sponsor a kitten. Hell if i wanted a kitten i'd buy one, i'm not going to pay for an animal that i could otherwise have, fair enough for random animals but for cats, ummm no thanks.

I think i'm gonna start up a great white sponsorship scheme, you pay you money and for that you get yearly reports on who your great white has taken a nibble out of :D

Soldato
Bes said:
Toucan Telecom are complete barstewards. They call us all the time eventhough we are on TPS.

Argh, dont say that! :(

I was going to register with TPS to get rid of these idiots. I just either dont bother answering or hang up straight away now.

N3M

N3M

Associate
Unfortuanatly i dont get calls off Toucan anymore... I enjoyed speaking to the guys there... the women were so funny as they would get furious so quickly!!!

I see calls like this as opportunities to release stress, and they dont half get a right roasting :D

Man of Honour
Bes said:
Toucan Telecom are complete barstewards. They call us all the time eventhough we are on TPS.

Ditto. They call me twice a day. I usually just hang up after asking not to be called but it doesn't seem to work. Now I use disgusting and very personal insults until they hang up. It's good stress relief for me after a hard day at work and it'll hopefuly get the message through to the barstewards.

N3M

N3M

Associate
Scuzi said:
Ditto. They call me twice a day. I usually just hang up after asking not to be called but it doesn't seem to work. Now I use disgusting and very personal insults until they hang up. It's good stress relief for me after a hard day at work and it'll hopefuly get the message through to the barstewards.

Thats the one dude!

Just talk utter filth to them, its hillarious! They get so embarrased! Also if they retaliate you could record em, bit of editing here and there... WHAM theyre out of a job :D

Man of Honour
N3M said:
Thats the one dude!

Just talk utter filth to them, its hillarious! They get so embarrased! Also if they retaliate you could record em, bit of editing here and there... WHAM theyre out of a job :D

I'm not evil enough to put my friend 'Gregory' in India out of a job, I just wish he'd stop calling me. It's always Gregory. :p

Man of Honour
fatiain said:
Either say "hang on" and lay the phone down on the side and go and make a cup of tea/dinner/paint a warhammer miniture or buy an Acme Thunderer (better to use on abusive phonecalls).

What's a Thunderer? Sounds good :D

I'm expecting a call at about 18:20, any ideas? I'm going to take the pleasureable moan approach..."Me so horny".

Back
Top Bottom