Quote me a Air Rifle

Suspended
how come all the one shot kills or dont do it at all :confused: i know its a cute ickle bunny rabbit and i would never shoot one or shoot anything for that matter but if a fox goes upto it and starts ripping it apart you think that will always kill it strate away?

What about poor fishys when you fish for them and rip a whole in the mouth :( or when you gas flys / wasps and poison rats ... How come its only awwww kill him in one shot if hes all big and fluffy

Im not saying i dont kill insects and rats and stuff but if it needs to be killed it needs to be killed 1 shot or more .. im not saying torture it and keep it alive on a drip but if it takes you more shots then so be it

Soldato
ElvisFan said:
Anybody who knows anything knows that pointed pellets are junk.

The only thing your smk and marksman pellets are fit for is the bin.

I always used Eley Wasps for hunting purposes. I personally wouldnt use a .177 for hunting.

Soldato
Gungnir said:
Some of the advice in this thread is quite ridiculous, funny though. :D

2 shots in the head; finish with a knife; pointed pellets best for medium powered airguns........ great stuff :D

12 ft.lb rifle is completely adequate for one shot kills if you're up to the job. Everyone has a less than perfect kill from time to time but it's not the fault of the rifle and shouldn't be a regular occurrence.

AA Field pellets work well in pretty much all rifles, may have to try different headsizes to get the perfect match for your barrel though.

http://www.airgununiverse.org/forums/index.php? - much friendlier bunch than AirgunBBS.

This guy talks sense

Commissario
VeNT said:
kinda sad realy, your one of the ones whos opinion I respect here, I'm ignoring those who are saying "oh you need this 800 quid jobbie" or "gah that 800 quid one is pants, go for this 800 quid one"
I've emailed your trust address.

K.

Soldato
I dont use pointed imo there totally innacurate, use a good expensive accupell in conjunction with my webley exocet and simmons optics, you get rabbit dispatched in one shot :)

exocet.JPG

just thought i would post that pic again since someone else psoted a pic of their B2

Soldato
ElvisFan said:
Anybody who knows anything knows that pointed pellets are junk.

The only thing your smk and marksman pellets are fit for is the bin.

here is man who knows what he is on about, I only have ever used pointed pellets in my co2 pistol which I would never ever use for hunting. :p

Soldato
Rich1988 said:
I dont use pointed imo there totally innacurate, use a good expensive accupell in conjunction with my webley exocet and simmons optics, you get rabbit dispatched in one shot :)

snip

just thought i would post that pic again since someone else psoted a pic of their B2[/QUOTE]

That's the rifle I recommended to VeNT, can be had for around £150 :)

I still reckon pointed pellets are OK in medium powered airguns they're just not consistent in full powered airguns. Maybe we should google for evidence.

Soldato
Cybermyk said:
That's the rifle I recommended to VeNT, can be had for around £150 :)

I still reckon pointed pellets are OK in medium powered airguns they're just not consistent in full powered airguns. Maybe we should google for evidence.

yea you are right but I have only ever used full 12ftlb rifles so I swear by accupell ;)

Soldato
Accupels are Crosman Premiers that failed quality control. I'm serious.

They aren't bad pellets though. They just need washing to stop your barrel's rifling getting gouled-up. They look mirror-finished, but look at your hands after touching them.

Actually it's good practice to wash pellets anyway. Just swill them in tepid water / fairy liquid, rinse in a collander, and leave to dry.

Your rifle will love you for it.

Soldato
Dont what ever you do go and buy a cheapo Chinese gun like a B2, for one you wont be able to hit anything and you will injure the animal rather than a clean kill. You want to get a good springer for what you will be using it for such as a BSA Lightening or Webley Exocet. If you dont mind paying a bit extra you could get a Webley Longbow or HW95, both excellent guns and more than capable of clean kills at 40 yards.

Look on AirgunBBS for some useful info, I'm a member there and have always had good advice for the lads.

img13924nb.jpg

These are what i use and they do a superb job, i can hit a 5p 9 times out of ten at 40 yards.

mark

Soldato
Mark A said:
Dont what ever you do go and buy a cheapo Chinese gun like a B2, for one you wont be able to hit anything and you will injure the animal rather than a clean kill. You want to get a good springer for what you will be using it for such as a BSA Lightening or Webley Exocet. If you dont mind paying a bit extra you could get a Webley Longbow or HW95, both excellent guns and more than capable of clean kills at 40 yards.

Look on AirgunBBS for some useful info, I'm a member there and have always had good advice for the lads.

img13924nb.jpg

These are what i use and they do a superb job, i can hit a 5p 9 times out of ten at 40 yards.

mark

I can do that also :) but only sitting down

Suspended
Not really wanting to get involved as the threa has kind of degenerated since my last post. But you will need different types of pellet for english and german guns.

5.56 mm vs 5.5 mm

Soldato
OP
AthlonTom said:
Not really wanting to get involved as the threa has kind of degenerated since my last post. But you will need different types of pellet for english and german guns.

5.56 mm vs 5.5 mm

does 0.06mm make that much difference in pellets? iirc they are mostly lead and soft

Soldato
Woody...!!! said:
I have a Air-Arms s410 carbine, they are a brilliant rifle, and i have taken a rabbit out with 1 shot...

shove a silencer on it, and a good scope, the one i have is a Hawke Nite-Eye 4-16x50 TypeB Reticle IR Parallax Adj.
nice rifle. Ive always like the falcon. Never shot one, but love the look of them.

19_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom