• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1900 XT-X resolutions

Associate
Hi guys

Looking for some oppinions on this. I have just spent out on a new rig from OCUK. Got the board, chip and memory. It's all very high spec (AMD x2 4800+, 2gb corsair, asus mvp delux) etc.

I now need to buy the Graphics card.

I have the money, and can afford the latest radeon 1900xtx. My viewsonic flat screen run's at an optimal 1280x1024.

At the moment, ive only got space for a 19" flat screen in my desk. Do you think the 1900xtx is going to be bottlenecked at 1280x1024 over the rest of the system, or am i worrying about nothing,.

I can get a new monitor later, but from what i can see on the 19" flat screen page, most of them run at an optimal 1280 anyway.

Is this a realistic concern with these cards? or am i being silly. Im taking a step up from an agp x800.

Cheers

Associate
most certainly is a step up, i went to the xtx from the x800, and went for the 4600x2, though mine is up to 2.7, my monitor is only 1280 and i think this is probably optimal for this card, clock ** processor which will ring a bit more performance from your card.

Associate
You'll be able to relax in that you'll be able to apply all the eye-candy without worrying about any compromise in performance.

And if you play Oblivion then you're sorted

If you have the money as you've said just do it mate ;)

Associate
OP
Niiice, Sounds good. Cheers guys.

Ok new quick question,

What's the "EAX" stand for on the ASUS ATI Radeon EAX-X1900 XT-X?

Does it offer/not include anything over the other XT-X cards?

Associate
The EAX is is just an Asus labelling thing it has it on all its Ati X series back to my old X800XT. They are a good make with 2 year warranty but go for the cheapest as they are all pretty much Ati stock cards with different stickers on apart from the new HIS version.

Back
Top Bottom