ZyXEL Prestige 600HW wifi psp prob.

Associate
I recently got this new router and all is set up fine. The router is plugged into my comp with a cable and i have a 2nd comp in another room with a wireless network card in, both comps connect to the net fine.

The problem i have is connecting my psp to the router, i have no security on the router, as i have always had it disabled it to try and get on the psp's web browser, at first i thought it just might be the psp but i took it to a mates house and it worked fine so its not the psp.

The psp see's my router (SSID) when i scan for an access point and even says there is no security after it finds my SSID, signal strength is 100% all other settings are automatic but when i try to test the connection all i get is 'a connection error has occurred, a connection to the access point could not be established, check the security settings for the network and try again.'

But i dont get it as there isnt any security on and i know this cos the 2nd comp connects fine with no passwords or anything like that on it.

Any ideas anyone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Associate
OP
I solved it, I had firmware ver 10 on, so i tried ver 9 and there was an option to uncheck 802.11g+ and as g+ runs on the same freq as 802.11b which is what the psp uses it was conflicting, so disabling g+ made b run as it should and psp works fine now, hard to understand if ya dont know about this stuff but sure ppl who know understand what i've explained.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom