Best way to purchase precious metals (Gold, silver, etc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Hi

If one wanted to invest a few grand in precious metals what would be the best way to do it? Do you trust places like www.goldmoney.com to not lose your investment if the economy starts going mammeries up?

Thanks

Soldato
Zip said:
There is a middle eastern country that sells gold really cheap :D
Shame i cant remember which one it is :(

The entire middle east.

You're probably thinking of Dubai in UAE, which along with Qutar has one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

Soldato
blackadder2_2.jpg

Shutup Percy.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
FFS don't come in here and trash my thread!

Now does anyone have any sensible answers or can I expect more moronic replies?

Can a don please delete all the stupid replies in this thread?

Soldato
Just out of curiousity, why are you investing in metals ?

I have always thought about investing in Platinum, but never actually went ahead with it. I was also very tempted to purchase a large amount of silver (but the investment potential wasn't that good I thought)

Do you think there is going to be a big upturn in metals ? Will there be any problems selling say £20,000 worth of bullion ? Who buys it ?

It always struck me as being very difficult getting rib of the gold/metals once it had made its money.....unlike shares / currency, which can be traded reasonably easily.

Last edited:

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
divosuk said:
Just out of curiousity, why are you investing in metals ?

I have always thought about investing in Platinum, but never actually went ahead with it. I was also very tempted to purchase a large amount of silver (but the investment potential wasn't that good I thought)

Do you think there is going to be a big upturn in metals ?
It's already started. I nearly bought a large amount of gold & silver in November but decided against it for some shares in FTSE 100 companies. I have made about 6-7% from the shares and would have made around 15% from gold :(

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Sanzy said:
Some ones touchy
[Removed - Personal Attack]

Can a don delete this please? I'll go and repost somewhere where there are people with sensible answers/ a modicum of intelligence amongst the populance of the forum.

Soldato
Gold does seem to be doing very well at the moment and could go higher if countries do as they are threatening to do and start switching dollars for gold. Can't help with where to invest in it though.

Soldato
Bes said:
I'll go and repost somewhere where there are people with sensible answers/ a modicum of intelligence amongst the populance of the forum.
Oh give over, it's GD. What the hell did you expect, a Question Time audience?

Post a personal attack like that again and it may see you suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom