How do I hang a large mirror?

Associate
If you cant No More Nails it, drill four holes CAREFuLLY in each corner, and get some decen 4" to 6" long screws, that should hold it up....

I hope the wall is a Proper Brick wall, and not a Internal Stud wall, cos i wouldnt trust the weight on that!

Soldato
Mulder said:
I've got a 2m x 1m mirror that has no frame. What's the best way of putting it on me wall?

Hmm, does it have little clip thing around the edges? If not, I think you can buy them and fix them on top and bottom edges and somehow mount it that way... I don't completely know what I'm talking about, only trying to remember the time me and my dad were wandering through Ikea wondering how to hang this mirror of ours, but it had a frame.

Associate
GlasgowTitan said:
Melm0 you n00b. White tack is for these circumstances, blu tack just wont cut it.

On a serious note, no more nails is a good idea.

BAH! damn you and you're mirror hanging expertise!

Soldato
OP
scott.holmes said:
If you cant No More Nails it, drill four holes CAREFuLLY in each corner, and get some decen 4" to 6" long screws, that should hold it up....

I hope the wall is a Proper Brick wall, and not a Internal Stud wall, cos i wouldnt trust the weight on that!
I don't really want to no more nails it, and it's not a "proper" wall, it's plasterboard.

Soldato
OP
Doohickey said:
Hmm, does it have little clip thing around the edges? If not, I think you can buy them and fix them on top and bottom edges and somehow mount it that way... I don't completely know what I'm talking about, only trying to remember the time me and my dad were wandering through Ikea wondering how to hang this mirror of ours, but it had a frame.

It's bevelled but doesn't have any clip things.

Caporegime
How about attaching a piece of wood to the wall and sitting it on that then use some clip things to hold the top to the wall. The wood would take the weight and would be less likely to cause the mirror to snap.

Soldato
With somthing of that weight I would be inclined to put it on a supporting wall, not plasterboard. It should be alright, but still its better to be safe.

As to the problem Mirror Clips are your baby, you want about 4 on each side. :)

Associate
two options

1. mirror clips - attach them to wall slot mirror in place and tighten the clips on

2. mirror screws (they have a polished detachable head so you cant see them) these require you to drill holes in the mirror /wall, to do this you would need a glass bit for the drill

all of these things are available at any decnet / half decent hardware store

hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom