BT Boardband question ?

Soldato
Hello,

Friend of mine is with BT Boardband and is trying to get wireless internet setup in his house.

The modem he has at the moment is the BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem, connects to his PC via USB.

He has 1x desktop PC, 1x laptop (wireless) and Xbox 360 (wireless)

Hes been out and brought a wireless router but its for cable internet not ADSL, the shop wont refund him either/exchange.

What are the chances that he rings BT and asked for a wireless router they would give him one for free ? if he sends his old router back ??

Thanks Ben

Soldato
I have just upgraded to the BT Voyager 2091 and it cost me a "one off payment" of £10. If the guy has had this item less than 7 days I believe he can exchange it, if it isn't "fit for purpose" <--- Somebody else could maybe clarify this. I was already a BT customer, so the Wireless router was cheap.

Soldato
BEN_UK said:
What are the chances that he rings BT and asked for a wireless router they would give him one for free ? if he sends his old router back ??

Snowballs chance in hell I think. Whilst he's asking for freebies, can I have a new car?

I'd do back to the shop where he bought the router from and not take no for an answer. I don't know what your statutory rights would give in this instance, but it'd be worth a read.

Soldato
OP
Bony Maloney said:
I have just upgraded to the BT Voyager 2091 and it cost me a "one off payment" of £10. If the guy has had this item less than 7 days I believe he can exchange it, if it isn't "fit for purpose" <--- Somebody else could maybe clarify this. I was already a BT customer, so the Wireless router was cheap.

Like the sound of that.

Will get him to give them a call.

Associate
Bony Maloney said:
If the guy has had this item less than 7 days I believe he can exchange it, if it isn't "fit for purpose" <--- Somebody else could maybe clarify this.

I would imagine that it is perfectly fit for purpose, just not the purpose he wanted it for. So unless he was misled by sales staff then I don't think there is any legal recourse available

Soldato
BEN_UK said:
Like the sound of that.

Will get him to give them a call.
I am tied in to a new 12 month contract with BT also :D I went from 2mbps to the unguaranteed 8MBmbps service. £29.99pm. 40Gig download limit. I kept my old email settings and my monthly payment is as it was. I am seeing between 5---7.5mbps as indicated by my network software. Downloads are always dependant on the "uploader" but my speeds are hugely better and considering my payments haven't changed it's free speed<-- :D

Back
Top Bottom