Universal Remote control gubbins

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Pah!

today, the original remote for out Sanyo TV died a gruesome death (cracked PCB).

anyway, i promptly went out and bought a nice new £40 Kameleon "All in one" remote. it looked nice, and was supposedly "compatability guaranteed"

anyway, when i got it, read through all ~50 pages of instructions, i went to the back, found the device code for sanyo TV's and plopped it in (it was the first of many)

anyway, the TV worked just fine, the volume, the channels, mute, on off.
Except, of course (as murphy's law dictates) the most important aspect, the built in freeview tuner.

the TV has a built in tuner, which was previously activated by pressing a button labelled "D/A" on the old remote.

there is no such button on this remote.
one of the nifty features of this remote is that you can use the old one to program special functions into the new one. BUT, the old remote is busted. completely.

anyway, what suggestions do you guys have? could i ask Sanyo for a new remote?

anyway, if you read the whole thing, special thanks to you.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
OP
aye.

as it happens, i found a website that sell replacement remotes, including one for my exact TV.

incase this turns out to be rubbish, i'm still open to any suggestions.

Man of Honour
Aod said:
aye.

as it happens, i found a website that sell replacement remotes, including one for my exact TV.

incase this turns out to be rubbish, i'm still open to any suggestions.

There are plenty of sites that sell original remotes or compatible replacements, I've bought several with no complaints.

Burnsy

Man of Honour
Phone their helpline. They're used to dealing with this sort of problem and should know what to do. They'll usually either give you a special code or can reprogram the remote control over the phone line.

Back
Top Bottom