Going to my girlfriends 6th year prom.

Associate
ok, ive never been to a prom before, but my girlfriends 6th year prom is the beginning of next month, i still gotta get my kilt, and afaik theres a limo been hired, but what else do i need to do/get for her. is it customary to buy a gift etc? advice please :)

Soldato
When I went to the prom I didn't get her owt, I probably should have got her a rose or something but tbh it's how you feel about that stuff and whether she deserves it.

But a kilt; are you sure? :p

edit: scotland, should have guessed. :D

Associate
OP
well i am scottish so its somewhat tradition to wear a kilt to these formal venues

panthro said:
Yeah, dont you need a shirt, jacket, sporran, etc?

Also, get her a corsage.....or is that in the USA?

yeh i meant the whole shabbang when i just said kilt lol

Suspended
Cuh, all these bloody Yank customs infringing on our society. When I left school I had six pints of bitter in the local hotel bar, tried to take one of my teachers back up to my room then passed out in the bath.

Limos? Corsages? Come on, this is Orpington, not the O.C...

Hitman
Permabanned
I don't think you really need to get anything extravagent for her. A corsage would probably be enough. If you want to buy a necklace or something then I'd recommend asking one of her friends first, in case she is picky about jewelery matching her dress.

Suspended
Bracco said:
I don't think you really need to get anything extravagent for her. A corsage would probably be enough. If you want to buy a necklace or something then I'd recommend asking one of her friends first, in case she is picky about jewelery matching her dress.
Good idea. I find it best to get one of my other half's friends to try a pearl neckalce on before giving it to my darling girlfriend, just in case it doesn't look right.

Associate
Nozzer said:
Cuh, all these bloody Yank customs infringing on our society. When I left school I had six pints of bitter in the local hotel bar, tried to take one of my teachers back up to my room then passed out in the bath.

Limos? Corsages? Come on, this is Orpington, not the O.C...

Back in my day....

rofl no i totally understand what u mean when i left school i didnt do anything partly cos i was not actually leaving, im in sixth form..when i leave that i wont really care go to 1 of these "Proms" so stupid!

Man of Honour
If all the girls at the prom were laid end to end...

I wouldn't be at all surprised! :D

Plus - giving your girlfriends friend a pearl necklace??? Open relationship eh? ;)

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Nozzer said:
Good idea. I find it best to get one of my other half's friends to try a pearl neckalce on before giving it to my darling girlfriend, just in case it doesn't look right.

I cant believe your girlfriends mate let you put a pearl necklace on them. You lucky guy ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom