Going to my girlfriends 6th year prom.

Man of Honour
Oracle said:
6th year!? Please tell me thats like GCSE??? If not..........SICK!

Well I know for a fact that scotland is in many ways odd. In this case it must be down to one of two things. Either it's the silly school year naming system or the well known viral infection that causes you to love young girls in that way. Can't work out which.

Hitman
Permabanned
Oracle said:
6th year!? Please tell me thats like GCSE??? If not..........SICK!

Can you put that into English please? :confused:
I would guess, given that he is only 18 himself, that his girlfriend is in the year below, which is pretty normal for that age.

Soldato
not always.

6th around where i live is start of 6th form.. i.e. year 12

yr7 1st year

yr8 2nd year

yr9 3rd year

yr10 4th year

yr11 5th year (gcse)

finish school

yr12 6th year

yr13 7th year.. end of 6th form

Soldato
we had a prom.. it was naff.

was arguin with the gf at the time... now i look back i wish i just told her to shut up and then enjoyed myself.

instead i sacrificed what could have been a great evening, just because of some petty differences that at 16 should never matter :p

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
not always.

6th around where i live is start of 6th form.. i.e. year 12

yr7 1st year

yr8 2nd year

yr9 3rd year

yr10 4th year

yr11 5th year (gcse)

finish school

yr12 6th year

yr13 7th year.. end of 6th form
Scotland goes...
1st year 12/13 year olds
2nd year 13/14 year olds
3rd year 14/15 year olds
4th year 15/16 year olds (optional leaving year)
5th year 16/17 year olds (optional)
6th year 17/18 year olds (optional)

I've got my 6th year prom end of June i'm really excited about it.
Ooh and i demand you wear a kilt they are cool and my advice is unless you are very poorly endowed wear boxers because your bits will get in the way if you don't.

Hitman
Permabanned
Blackstar said:
Ooh and i demand you wear a kilt they are cool and my advice is unless you are very poorly endowed wear boxers because your bits will get in the way if you don't.

Got much experience being uncomfortable in a kilt? :eek:
No-one wears boxers with a kilt :p.

Soldato
Blackstar said:
Kind of except exams are different.
4th year - standard grades = gcse
5th year - highers = a levels (i think)
6th year - advanced highers = as levels (i think could be opposite way round)

for some reason it sounds more fun up there.. maybe because my school was basically a shed... lol

so do you do the alevels at the same school... my school just did gcses..

Soldato
Blackstar said:
Kind of except exams are different.
4th year - standard grades = gcse
5th year - highers = a levels (i think)
6th year - advanced highers = as levels (i think could be opposite way round)

Other way, AS, then A2 levels down here :)

Soldato
Bracco said:
Got much experience being uncomfortable in a kilt? :eek:
No-one wears boxers with a kilt :p.
I've been to many a dance and seen guys wincing. Want to bet no one wears boxers? :p

Yeah all exams are at the same school none of this leaving to do 6th form collage stuff. You can leave after you do your standard grades at 16 or you can stay on for optional 5th year then 6th year. It's hundreds of fun i only do 10 hours of lessons a week. Woo only 4 more days and i leave forever :eek: :D

Associate
OP
yeh shes in her final year of high school, shes only 6 months younger than me, then shes off to heriot watt university in september to do a degree in mathematics

Associate
Blackstar said:
I've been to many a dance and seen guys wincing. Want to bet no one wears boxers? :p

Yeah all exams are at the same school none of this leaving to do 6th form collage stuff. You can leave after you do your standard grades at 16 or you can stay on for optional 5th year then 6th year. It's hundreds of fun i only do 10 hours of lessons a week. Woo only 4 more days and i leave forever :eek: :D

Any guy I know who made the mistake of wearing boxers with his kilt, usually ended up having them forceably removed via his head.

Its wrong - don't do it.

Oh - and about the 'prom' and how you're not in the OC...well I am in the OC and Prom season rocks - let's just say the scenery is amazing.

Unfortuately, I'm just about old enough to be most of the scenery's dad.

:mad:

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Had my 6th year prom about 8 years ago (God thats depressing) and like you opted for the Kilt (as did 90% of the year)

Don't wear boxers, traditional not to and why wear a kilt unless you are following a tradition. One point of warning though, slightly inebriated I plonked myself on a bench legs spread wide as I normally sit. Unfortunately I forgot to tuck my kilt down in the middle and ended up with pictures of me + kilt + tackle exposed around the school. Lesson learned.

As for what to buy, something special like a necklace with matching bracelet and ear-rings, corsage etc. Don't make it big and cumbersome like a huge bunch of flowers - she will have no where to put one.

Have a cracking night out - where are you going?

Oh and is it St Margarets, Inveralmond, James Young, West Calder or Deans?

Associate
i wore a kilt at my prom and drank beer with the PE teacher. That was funny! I remember going to the beach front for a sly cig but it was in the middle of the winter. Geez it was cold in my kilt!
I don't smoke anymore, just incase you ask :)

Back
Top Bottom