• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Matrox the solution?

Associate
I have 2 monitors, one CRT one TFT, both have anologue connectors. I want to use the CRT just to watch TV with my TV card and the other to continue with internet browsing etc.

Is it better to get something like a Matrox card or a proper graphics card that has dual DVI?

Also, do these things eat up a lot of RAM & CPU power etc? My comp at the moment is a little old, but i should be updating soon.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
can you suggest a fairly cheap one that will do the job? I really know nothing about graphics cards, but if i get a new motherboard it'll prolly be PCI-e.

Soldato
If it is an "old" PC as you say, the chances are you won't have a PCI-e port, so you will be stuck with an AGP or maybe even PCI. Check the motherboard for type of port (AGP is usually brown, PCI is white, PCI-e can be blue/white/brown but looks smaller than AGP/PCI) and once you know that look for a Geforce 6200, ATI 9200/X300. Should be looking at about £40 for a bottom end dual output card.

Back
Top Bottom