• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

xfx 7800 gtx extreme xxx edition 512mb power supply???

Man of Honour
It will partly depend on what else you have in your system to put a load on the PSU but a 450w PSU should be fine assuming you have a fairly 'normal' system i.e. without loads of hard drives, optical drives and tens of fans etc :)

Associate
OP
i have a amd 64 processor 3700+, 1gb, 320gb hard drive, 256mb video memeory,...
The reason i ask is that some people have suggested that i should have a 500w minimum in my rig with that card in???

Man of Honour
The manufacturer will probably say that you need a 500w PSU minimum but in actual fact for it to be perfectly workable you don't need a PSU that powerful. For instance I've got an A64 3400, 6800gt, 3 hard drives plus all the other normal parts needed to run a PC and that is on a 400w PSU and it is rock solid. I should have said before that I was assuming that you had a PSU from a decent brand to begin with.

Man of Honour
tartanmadman01 said:
what brand do you suggest????

I'd probably recommend Seasonic(not modular or even sheathed at the moment as far as I know) as making about the best PSUs that OcUK stock then Enermax(can be modular) then Antec and Tagan as about on a par(both offer modular options). Hiper and FSP are also worth considering. This is my entirely subjective view though and other opinions will no doubt differ, your existing PSU is probably fine as it is :)

Back
Top Bottom