Pelts vs Meanwell! How many can it handle?

Soldato
Could your average run of the mill meanwell handle 3 pelts? I'm considering 1 each for the gfx cards and 1 for the cpu, cpu one would be beefy, like a 226, the gfx ones could be less lairy, say 172.

If not can I run the gfx ones off the psu? (tagan 580w) or change to a pcp&c or the like? Any recommendations?

They will be cooled by seperate water loops so temps aren't an issue.

Soldato
OP
Marvt74 said:
Wont make it dude, the heftiest meanwell is about 320w so the best you'd get would be a 226w for the cpu and an 80w for the gpu and that aint enough for the gpu so you'd need 2.

Thought you'd given up on pelts anyway?

w00t! its the marv!

hey dude, well I did give up on pelts, then I gave up on the idea of a water chiller, then I bought a vapo, then I bought a mach2, then I sold the mach 2 and feeling a bit gay I fancy finding a mid ground. Pelts seem like a decent low cost option.Water on its own is a bit limp.

Gone and got myself a pc70 now so space isn't an issue so I feel like going a bit mental. So I'd need 2 meanwells for this? Hmm.. can't run a high end psu for all of them? Say a hiper 580w or similar? Just for the pelts?

I don't know why I fancy doing the gfx cards, I have no idea how to vmod them although I think we know someone who could ;)

Soldato
Not gonna happen dude they draw a lot of amps and i normal psu would probably spontaniously combust,

I aint on for long so cant be bothered telling you to get your ass on msn. Plus i'm always floating about here i just dont post in the recent pointless threads.
Though i'd be nice for you though :)

But yeah you'dd need at least 2 meanwells, although ebay often have some beasty efforts you could use but they won't be pretty

Permabanned
Im just posting so we are all in here :) w00t.

the powerstream psu in the MM has abeefy 12v rail. wont that run one/two of the pelts?

Then a meanwell for the others.

w00t can i voltmod :)

Tom

Back
Top Bottom