The Millennium Dome

Associate
I had another go at HDR today - a technique with which I have had little success so far. I'm fairly pleased with this one:

HDR_BW_Domesmall.jpg

I also bought an R72 infrared filter and this is my first go with it. Unfortunately, I didn't see much sun this weekend, so results weren't great. The development where I live:
IMG_2502-01small.jpg

Associate
OP
ranarama said:
The first is fantastic. What settings did you take that on as the sky looks a little blurred like it was on a long exposure?

Four frames, taken about 2 seconds apart. The clouds were shifting pretty fast across the sky - 'twas windy!

Soldato
I like both equally. The first the dome looks stunning and the cloud is so moody. The moody cloud really juxaposes with the calmness of the dome and the surrounding area.

The second photo looks like a photo of a post nuclear war winter apocalypse kind. Really haunted and eerie I feel.

Overall both very nice.:)

Soldato
As good as the first is I think its just a touch too grey instead of black and white. Also I think it might look better with the dock thing at the bottom right removed. The 2nd is cool too. Looks like a nuclear waste land.

Associate
OP
cyKey said:
As good as the first is I think its just a touch too grey instead of black and white. Also I think it might look better with the dock thing at the bottom right removed.

Thanks for the feedback. How about in colour, cropped as you suggested?

HDR_Domesmall_cropped.jpg

Associate
OP
BrenOS said:
Hope you don't mind but I really like the first shot so had a play. Levels and heal/clone tool only.

I like it - I just couldn't be bothered to stay up last night to play with the clone tool.

For those that wanted it, the colour version with the Canary Wharf buildings (and the dock) can be seen here.

Back
Top Bottom