Not the nicest thing just happened...

Soldato
Hey,

Just had my IAM Adcanced Driving Test. I passed but whilst doing the test i was goign down a residential road at 30mph. When all of a sudden a cat runs out onto the road at full pelt. I tried to stop it but hit it at about 20 i bet. :( So me and the examiner got out, i saw a women looking really really shocked, she told us at how it ran off. Between the 3 of us we couldn't find it so we deicded to carry on the test.

On the up beat i passed my IAM test 7 1/2 months after passing my DSA test.

Soldato
Congrats on passing.

Really unlucky about the cat, if it managed to run off, I guess you can only hope it wasn't too badly injured. Was the lady the owner of the cat?

Caporegime
Coulda been worse, I killed two ducks this morning (they were both just stood in the road having a chat by the looks of things). They were just there after a blind corner, wasn't going to swerve as i'm not stupid!

RIP ducks.

Congrats on passing your IAM though :)

Soldato
paradigm said:
Coulda been worse, I killed two ducks this morning (they were both just stood in the road having a chat by the looks of thinks).

RIP ducks.

Isn't hitting a duck seen as quite a bad thing? Don't they have right of way or something silly as they have a "right" to move between waterways over land.

Caporegime
PeterNem said:
Isn't hitting a duck seen as quite a bad thing? Don't they have right of way or something silly as they have a "right" to move between waterways over land.

No idea, sounds like a retarded thing to give an animal though, right of way, I mean WTF?

Like I said, I wasn't going to swerve on an "S" bend (I had no idea if something was coming), and I wasn't going to lock up for a duck (my car would have quite easily outbraked the car behind me, but I doubt i'd have stopped before the ducks).

Soldato
PeterNem said:

no but you'll usually see a warning red triangle sign with the sillouette of the animal which may be in the area at the very most. its up to the driver to be considerate to the animal and slow down or avoid if they can do so safely.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My dog was hit by a car that was doing 60 on a corner. Didn't see it as it was dark but he walked away. We'd only had him a week!

We went straight under it we think but it made a vicous thump. Don't worry about it. Cats are tough, no matter how domestic they seem.

Congrats on passing the test :)

Soldato
Phantom said:
yup, legally you have to stop for a dog and do somethign about it - i.e. inform police, rspca. I'd avoid contacting the owners directly as they may open a can of whoop ass on you even though it was accidental :o

I was under the impression that you could fail if you did an emergency stop for a cat? Do IAM have different rules, or have I just got it wrong?

Soldato
OP
Kingy said:
I was under the impression that you could fail if you did an emergency stop for a cat? Do IAM have different rules, or have I just got it wrong?

Well i knew 100% i didnt have any cars infront or behind me so why not do an emergency stop? I did not get reprimanded at all for it.

That only matter if you cause an accident or nearly cause one i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom