Fiat tipo?

Man of Honour
any one now anything about fiat tipo's its a Jreg 1.6 5door with 9months mot and tax. Haven't phones up about any details yet, whats the tax on a 1.6, well infact whats the tax boundaries?

What are they meant to be like? I've heard there like most fiats mechanicaly very reliable, but electronics misbehave?

So anythoughts.

Soldato
I can't help you with the technical details of the car but i'm 99% sure that the tax will be £93.50 for 6 months - same as mine. :(

Soldato
Actually they are very good (for an Italian) anti rust as they were all galvanised. 1.6 is better than the 1.4 that had all sorts of problems. Tbh they are woth nothing without mot and tax so only buy based on that. Even with its 9 months, I wouldnt pay more than £200, and expect to scrap it when mot is due. A 92 will also have digital dash I think, which love to just stop working, so check that out thoroughly.

Soldato
Personally, I wouldn't touch a fiat of that age. THey should not be too rusty, as the Tipo's where the start of Fiat trying to tackle the rust problems they had earlier. Electricals might be suspect...

this should link to Parkers and there are some Owner reviews of it up there Click me

Soldato
If it's cheap like £200 tho you cant go far wrong. Run it til the MOT runs out and bin it if you have to. If it fails on something simple you can probably fix it up yourself. If you break it its not like you are going to care!

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
Also any comments about nissan micras. I know there girly pig ugly cars, but they seem cheap for what they are.

Great cars, very reliable and cheap to run. K10 models can rust abit, k11's are generally ok rust wise, just check the sills.

Suspended
Tipos are rock solid mechanically and like people have already said, they are galvanised and rust is not normally an issue at all either. Only problem is the digi dash on earlier models.

Back
Top Bottom