2405FPW

Associate
Just seen one at a great price and wondering if I should take the jump. Currently using the 20.1 incher from Dell and I love it. Those who own a 2405 please let me know what the advantages and disadvantages are of 2405 ownership! What do games look like, is the screen too big or ok?? Will it last me a couple of years? I'm sure i'll think of some other q's/ I've read some reviews but i'm really interested in people's first hand experiences.
I'm not really up to date on technology so don't know what around the corner!!

Cheers

Pablo!

Soldato
There is a massive thread on the 2405 somewhere on this forum, so I suggest you search for it as it'll give you loads more information than I can.

I own one, and it's been the best PC upgrade that I've ever bought. The increased resolution and desktop real estate is brilliant. The downside I would say is that my PC struggles to run games at anywhere near native resolution, and I think most systems other than the cutting edge will struggle especially with AA etc. Also, I would not recommend it for HDTV useage only, as a dedicated LCD TV might suit your bill better. I use the screen as the centre of a media hub, but I appreciate that while it's a fantastic screen for PC useage, it's not so great at games and movies in comparison to a proper LCD TV. I don't mind though, as I'd look to buy a proper TV as soon as I move house anyway and have a separate lounge.

Man of Honour
tom_nieto said:
There is a massive thread on the 2405 somewhere on this forum, so I suggest you search for it as it'll give you loads more information than I can.

this thread :) Plus if you check the sticky there are LOADS of user comments based on what people have said on this forum

Back
Top Bottom