• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x800 GTO

Associate
I'm not sure if you read my last posts but to sum up:

I bought a pre built sn26p on ebay
(athlon 3200, 80Gb SATA & ATI x1600 XT)

When it arrived it had a x800 GT installed instead, I got in touch and said I wasn't happy with the swap and we settled on him sending me a brand new sealed x800 GTO in its place.

The only thing is it's the fireblade version and the fan's a bit loud when I'm using the shuttle as a media centre.

I've seen these cards go for ~£100 on ebay. What's the best & quietest card I could get in it's place?

Cheers

Ryan

Associate
OP
I wouldn't really want to spend anymore than I get for the card I sell.

I heard bad things about the HIS x800s being unstable, any idea if it's true?

Permabanned
I can vouch for the Powercolor X800 GTO. It is virtually silent and at an all time low price, I got mine when the price was stupidly low at £50 + VAT.

The card is good for gaming, giving around 10K on 3D mark 03 on a P4 PCIE rig.

Associate
OP
Is that one with a heatsink rather than fan?

Also, sorry to add more 'wants' but do any cards have 'tv in' as well so I could use it to capture TV?

Associate
OP

Also, sorry to add more 'wants' but do any cards have 'tv in' as well so I could use it to capture TV?

Associate
Umm, could you abit more specific on what you want the card for?? I take it it's a shuttle case and not meant for gaming, and also you want the card to be silent, possibly with a built in TV tuner correct??

Permabanned
welshchem said:

imagebs3ro.jpg

Associate
OP
The case is a shuttle sn26p.

It'll spend most of it's life hooked up to a TV and amp in my living room. Ideally it'd be nice if I could use it to record TV shows and finally get rid of my VCR!

At the moment it's got:

Shuttle SN26P Case & Mobo
1Gb Samsung RAM
80Gb SATA HD
Sapphire X800 GTO Fireblade (read as noisy)

Eventually I'd like to get a remote and 'TV in' card for it.

I hope than selling the current graphics card and buying a heat sink one will drastically reduce the noise levels.

My budget would depend on what I can sell the card for.

Thanks for your help, I hope this is clearer

Ryan

Associate
Thanks you clearing things up Ryan. Just out of curiosity, what happened to the X800GT that was in the shuttle originally?? did you trade it back for the X800GTO or do you still have it??

As for what card, you could use any ATi X800 or X1000 series, because I think they all come with a TV out connector to connect to a TV.
An alternative is to buy a new heatsink for your gfx card (I've made my 6600GT silent by doing so), but I don't think you want to spend any more money, right??

As for getting a gfx card with built in TV tuner, thats ALL-In-Wonder turf, and they tend to be abit more expensive.

Just have a browse on OCUK in the gfx cards, see which takes your fancy, come back here, and we'll tell you yay or nay ;) .

Permabanned
welshchem said:
What about:

OcUK ATI Radeon 9800SE All-In-Wonder 128MB (256-bit) DDR VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (XRW98-C3L) (GX-006-OK)

£82

The X800 GTO is a far better card than that mate. Like the guy said above, just buy a new cooler for your graphics card and u will be fine :)

Man of Honour
nbkpsycho said:
The X800 GTO is a far better card than that mate. Like the guy said above, just buy a new cooler for your graphics card and u will be fine :)

Not to mention the 9800se is an AGP card and the Shuttle is PCI-E. Your closest equivalent in PCI-E form to your X800GTO is the X800GT All-In-Wonder which should retail for ~£140 however OcUK don't sell any and it won't add that much when you could buy a silent cooler and a TV card instead.

//edit Zalman do very quiet coolers so take a look at them.

Back
Top Bottom