Which wheels? (56k eek)

Soldato
Just trying to decide which wheels would suit my car more. I don't want to go with your typical flat 5 spoke or multispoke wheels as you see them on every car... so here's what I've come up with so far.

These...

101_0270.jpg

I do have pictures of these on a GSi and they look fantastic!

Or these...

type.r.rear.jpg

4168.jpg

Helppppppp me decide :(

Soldato
Streetwise 6 spokes? I think they look pretty damn good, fairly rare too. That said there is a reason that flat 5s and multispokes are popular, they look good.

You could always pick up some 3 spokes ;)

Soldato
i quite like the current ones. Your car looks nice as it it is worth spending all that money on an old rover? Not like you got 4 spokes ;)

Soldato
agw_01 said:
17"

First wheels are... I can't remember, will find out.

Second wheels are BK 299's

I was going to say the BK's would look tiny if you weren't going for 17's.

I like the BK299's They look awesome on DesUK's ST24 and on Drexels old Scoob, just not on either of the pictures/cars above.

Have you got discs all round?

Out of the two, I think the 5 spokes would suit your Rover best, although they'll expose rear drums if present.

If you like the design of the 5 spoke you posted then fair enough, but I certainly wouldn't go for those over a flatter (read: more difficult to kerb) 5 spoke, simply because they're less common. Also, imo, flat 5's like the Kahn RSR are better looking than those posted.

Get wheels for you, sod what everyone else has got.

The TSW Freeze posted in the other thread you posted in are quite nice too. I like wheels where the spokes extend all the way to the edge of the rim as it makes them appear bigger.

Have you looked at the 620Ti wheels? They'd be cheaper if they fit.

/EDIT: Don't the 299's have lacquer issues?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Kingy, cheers for the reply mate :)

My Dad has BK299's on his 800 and from most angles they look awesome. Wouldn't go as far to say they look out of place on his car, but they definitely suit the 200 series better.

Oh, I've got discs all round. Puny little 262's on the front and 238's on the rear... not for long though ;)

I love Kahn RS-R's... my first dreams of owning a car were of a Pug 106 GTi with 5 spoke Kahn's on. Sexy!

With regards for the Ti alloys, they're a different fitment to mine... shame really, because I'd have loved some 17" Vitesse wheels.

Sone said:
i quite like the current ones. Your car looks nice as it it is worth spending all that money on an old rover? Not like you got 4 spokes

Tbh Sone, I like the standard wheels. They look pretty smart when cleaned up and have a nice stealth factor about them. Only problem is, there's something in my head screaming for bigger wheels.

I've got no problems with spending money on an 'old' Rover. I've got a lot of plans for this car :)

Soldato
agw_01 said:
My Dad has BK299's on his 800 and from most angles they look awesome. Wouldn't go as far to say they look out of place on his car, but they definitely suit the 200 series better.

Wouldn't want the same wheels as my old man, not matter how good they looked.

agw_01 said:
Oh, I've got discs all round. Puny little 262's on the front and 238's on the rear... not for long though ;)

I love Kahn RS-R's... my first dreams of owning a car were of a Pug 106 GTi with 5 spoke Kahn's on. Sexy!

:confused:

Why aren't you looking at those or similar then?

Caporegime
Neither of those really suit the shape of the 200 Andy. I'd be looking at something with 5 or 7 relatively chunky (but not as chunky as those your posted first) spokes.

But agreed, RS-R's are too common these days.

Back
Top Bottom