secret comes out...

Associate
yestaday i found out that the whole of my girlfriends family have been going to church every sunday for the last 10 years, i personally am finding this hard to adapt to being that i use the occasional religous jokes, i now call them the god squad & just can't help but slip in the jokes.

shes always been to scared of what i'd think if she told me...i really find my self horrid to that thought...

i'm so ashamed i'm just not into it AT ALL...

Permabanned
I've always been on the other end i'm not ashamed to say

I ended up having a four hour phone call with my girlfriend to this extent and she has no problems with it.

If her parents are really religious (as the sound they are), they may have 'reservations' over her relationship with you.

Are you opposed to going to church with her!?

I should say i'm shocked that you've only just found out, but I can imagine how hard it was for your girlfriend to tell you (if she did), and that requires a lot of courage. A lot of poeple dont know how to deal with it and are scared that their boyf / girlf might 'dump' them if they find out.

She obviously cares a lot about you if its been a secret till now.

Permabanned
How logn ahve you beenw ith her? Just talk to her i guess. A lot of christyians (me included) often are scared/worried what otehr people will think. I hate the fact I am liek that, Im a lot better than I used to be, the hard bit is telling people who I have been friens with for years who I never told, and friends who have known me back from when I was far from christian.

I can sympathise a lot with her, best thing is talk to her and make her feela t ease talking to you about it.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
iCraig said:
You're just annoyed that kinky sex has gone out the window now arn't you? :p

Dont be stupid. God has nothing against kinky sex AFAIK :p

You shouldnt worry about it, just because they go to church doesnt make them aliens.
You might want to stop calling them the god squad though. Small jokes are fine though.
If you want to learn more about what they believe go read the book of "song of songs" :D
The book is near the middle of the bible but im sure you know how to use an index

Soldato
riddler said:
yestaday i found out that the whole of my girlfriends family have been going to church every sunday for the last 10 years, i personally am finding this hard to adapt to being that i use the occasional religous jokes, i now call them the god squad & just can't help but slip in the jokes.

shes always been to scared of what i'd think if she told me...i really find my self horrid to that thought...

you should be more ashamed that you make fun of her imo.
(she'd be right to dump you to be honest, that'll teach you!)

Caporegime
riddler said:

Why are you so ashamed??, i take it your not at all religious??. If so thats fine but live and let live is what i say. If you seriously cant handle going out with someone whos family goes to church and is religious then im afraid you have some SERIOUS issues tbqh.
As long as she and her family arent forcing it down your throat then i cant see the problem. I suggest you go and get yourself sorted out before you cause anymore problems and also do a bit of growing up as well while your at it. I wouldnt be at all surprised if she dumped your ass one day :p

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
jezsoup said:
As long as its within a marriage...

No i think thats just to do with the cathlic church.
I have yet to come across anything in the bible that says. You cant have sex outside of marrage.
Its a big misconception i believe.

Permabanned
Zip said:
I have yet to come across anything in the bible that says. You cant have sex outside of marrage.

No the bible, when read in context, says marriage is for marriage.

Permabanned
Zip said:

You mean apart from all this!?

(Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7).

The Bible promotes abstinence before marriage. Sex before marriage is just as wrong as adultery and other forms of sexual immorality, because they all involve having sex with someone you are not married to. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Why are you so ashamed??, i take it your not at all religious??. If so thats fine but live and let live is what i say. If you seriously cant handle going out with someone whos family goes to church and is religious then im afraid you have some SERIOUS issues tbqh.
As long as she and her family arent forcing it down your throat then i cant see the problem. I suggest you go and get yourself sorted out before you cause anymore problems and also do a bit of growing up as well while your at it. I wouldnt be at all surprised if she dumped your ass one day :p

Was their a need to post this twice!? lol

Edit: Beaten (like a christian) :D ;)

Soldato
It sounds like a new relationship, so I'd leave her alone over it for a while and be supportive. Then reintroduce the jokes in a subderisorious fashion.

Associate
OP
i'm ashamed because i take the mick...i can't help it.

then when she tells me she used to ring the bells with her dad...so many funny pictures spring to my head i can't help but laugh nor take it seriously.

2 years i've been with her, i noticed things about her parents but never really took and intrest to her family as i'm a bit beyond them

Back
Top Bottom