W810i improvements over W800i

Suspended
Been looking for something like this for a while and for those who are interested-

ADVANTAGES OVER THE W800i

Quote -
* Software is much more stable and responds a lot quicker.
* The feel of the buttons is similar to the K700i. Feels very solid.
* An extra shortcut button that makes it very easy to access all your most used ... things (?).
* Looks the -!edit!
* Plays music much more loudly and the speaker quality through the speaker is much improved (read "bl**dy good quality sound).
* Camera responds much faster and is generally much better than the W800i camera and even the K750i camera.
* The phone gives options to view folders as "All", "Phone only" or "Memory Stick only".
* Again, when connected to your PC you now have the option to view files stored on phones internal memory as well as external. This means you can connect phone, transfer files to mem. stick, switch it over to phone and be able to view the memory stick folders without having to disconnect it first.
* The "found new hardware" wizard that auto installs all the drivers is now fool-proof (even ex-Nobia owners should cope)!
* Assuming the networks sort themselves out, you will be able to update this phone via GPRS!!
* SE have put the "New Events" option on it. Similar to the K750i but sooo much better.
* Phone has a light sensor that adjusts the brightness of the screen and button backlight automatically according to light conditions.
* Writing an e-mail is now much more user friendly with options very similar to those found on any e-mail program such as Outlook etc. Options include sending an attachment.
* You have new icons in the message menu to show if a message has been replied to by you or if a message was a reply of yours (?).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dude seriously if i was you id edit that link as its a competitor to OCUK, they do similar things to OCUK.

Other than that i recognise that list as i was just looking at it myself. Hopefully tommorrow i should have my new W810 with me as i just signed up with T-mobile today.

Only thing that concerns me is that it may be locked to t-mobile, forgot to ask the fella who took my order lol. Other than that if i decide to keep it, ill be looking to de-brand it of all that tmobile crap they put on their phones.

Oh by the way it looks like the phone itself has a flashing light problem, as of yet they dont know if its a network provider problem or just an inherent problem. Someone spoke to SE and they say there is no issue with the 810's lol :p. Hopefully mine will be ok or it is an easily rectified problem via a firmware update/...

Suspended
OP
edited -sorry was just a copy and paste.

My 810i is on orange and locked to orange there is a program to wipe it completely though something like dejinu or something i think.

No flashing light problem here, but i have heard of it

at the end of the contract does it stay locked to orange or magically unlock itself. or do you have to find a way to unlock it (either dodgy or with the company you took the contract with)

Suspended
OP
just found this

'Side control buttons coincide with the ones in the K750i, and the left facet holds a musical key, which calls a media player, or radio or the last called one of the listed. MS Duo Pro expansion connector found room a little below; up to 4 GB are supported. The right facet features a coupled volume button; also it switches radio channels, songs in mediaplayer. Below you will find a camera button, which can activate the camera from the standby mode.'

about the camera button, when i press mine it does nothing. Is it suppose to go to camera mode? at the moment I just have my camera as the right key shortcut

Caporegime
geeza said:
edited -sorry was just a copy and paste.

My 810i is on orange and locked to orange there is a program to wipe it completely though something like dejinu or something i think.

No flashing light problem here, but i have heard of it

at the end of the contract does it stay locked to orange or magically unlock itself. or do you have to find a way to unlock it (either dodgy or with the company you took the contract with)

Im pretty sure you have to get it unlocked if its locked to a network even if your at the end of your contract. Its one of the things i liked about o2 just a shame they couldnt do me a tariff as good as the tmobile flext with web n walk.

Doing some more investigations it seems you can unbrand and unlock the phones via the Da Vinci website, although its £7 to get the files to do so. Might do mine soon as i get it, depending on how easy it is to do it though.

Caporegime
geeza said:
just found this

'Side control buttons coincide with the ones in the K750i, and the left facet holds a musical key, which calls a media player, or radio or the last called one of the listed. MS Duo Pro expansion connector found room a little below; up to 4 GB are supported. The right facet features a coupled volume button; also it switches radio channels, songs in mediaplayer. Below you will find a camera button, which can activate the camera from the standby mode.'

about the camera button, when i press mine it does nothing. Is it suppose to go to camera mode? at the moment I just have my camera as the right key shortcut

I have no idea as other than the p800 and p900 this will be my first SE proper phone without all the smartphone capabilities on it.

Back
Top Bottom