Fraps

Soldato
I wanted to know if there are any other programs out there that does the same job as fraps. I always used to use it to record whatever game I'm playing, but for some reason, it just doesnt work right anymore, no matter if I uninstall-reeinstall it. It completely mucks up my FPS to 0-5 fps at best.
Is there a viable substitute ?

Thanks

Soldato
Fraps will kill your FPS due to the fact it's encoding the AVI/output in real time. Record an ingame demo of whatever game you're playing, then play that back - and record with Fraps. The FPS will still be bad as you watch it, but it wont be in the Fraps-recorded video.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply, but in short... no.
I used it many times before and know what your talking about, but this is different. Like i said... my FPS go down to 0-3 at best... and looks the same on the recording. All settings set to lowest too just to test.

Soldato
OP
El_Watcher said:
Try setting your output directory to a different hard drive to Windows/game. Maybe you changed something wit drive setup and now the hard drive can't keep up.
Ill give it a go later and let ya know

Man of Honour
Also make sure you output to a very fast HD (ideally something like a Raptor, SCSI or RAID0) and don't encode on the fly. Use low resolution i.e. 640x480 in the game and set FRAPS to record at halfsize.

To be honest trying to play and record at the same time really isn't a good idea and recording from demoplayback is a much better way of doing things.

Back
Top Bottom