• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU bottleneck?

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm not really up to speed (haha...) on these things, so I hope you could help me.

Basically, I have an A64 3200+, an x800XT GTO2 (O/C to XTPE speeds) and 2Gb DDR RAM. While playing Call of Duty 2, at 1440x900, full everything, my CPU usage rises up to 98-99%. I don't think this is normal, so i think it might be holding me back.

Basically, is there a bottleneck, and what sort of performance gain would I be expected to get if I were to get a new CPU?

axe

axe

Suspended
my advice would be to overclock the cpu and see if theres much of a performance increase but playing a game at such a high resolution and only on a mid range card is asking for trouble tbh

axe

axe

Suspended
reading it again ... is there any stuttering in the game? if not and its just because it says 98% being used.... then stop moaning and play the god dam game :p

Associate
OP
There's no stuttering, it runs at around 30-40fps and only drops to 25 during high-intensity situations. I just thought it might have been a problem with it using 98% of the CPU, but obviously not.

Thanks for the help. :)

Back
Top Bottom