lessons

Soldato
Well after my birthday next month I want to start taking driving lessons.

I was wondering:

Which company should I go with? Is there a favorite? Does it matter?

How much should I expect to pay for 1 lesson? Can I take more than 1 lesson a week?

Bri

Bri

Soldato
shifty_uk said:
Well after my birthday next month I want to start taking driving lessons.

I was wondering:

Which company should I go with?

Go with friends recommendation.

shifty_uk said:
Is there a favorite? Does it matter?

Dunno ;) Yes it does matter, you don't want to be fleeced by some cowboy.

shifty_uk said:
How much should I expect to pay for 1 lesson?

I paid £140 for 1st 10, £160 for 2nd 10 then £17 per lesson. This was last year. I would expect quite a large difference between areas.

shifty_uk said:
Can I take more than 1 lesson a week?

Should be able to, as long as they have room in their diary.

shifty_uk said:

You're welcome :p

Soldato
Best bet is to ask around your area for opinions as no matter what company you go with it's still down to the idividual instructor.

What to pay? Dunno I did mine 6 years ago! :p But I'm guessing around £23-27 per hour max?

Lessons can be either hourly or in blocks of 2. many people say doing two hour slots is better as you only have to "settle down and get your convidence" once for every 2 hours instead of twice. Dunno the truth in this as I did 1 hours sets and I was fine. You should be able to do more than 1 lesson per week. Can't see anything wrong with doing 2x 2 hours blocks per week.

Hope this helps.

Associate
The instructor I've got right now owns her own company, she's pretty good and is cheaper than people like BSM (£18 a lesson).
I think most instructors will offer intensive courses where you can have a 2 hour lesson (counts as 2 lessons) at one time, I think it's recommended that you only have one session a week maybe but go out driving in your own car as much as you can just to build on the skills you've been taught.

Associate
paradigm said:
Tosh. If you are a fast learner, or learn better with the information constantly being given to you, why would one lesson a week be beneficial at all?

That's why I said "think". Was just saying through my experience all the instructors around here do one lesson or a 2 hour lesson a week.

Back
Top Bottom