Car Medic - Not very good TBH

Soldato
Had car medic come out to my Honda at the weekend, and I certainly cannot recommend them or not the one in the Northants area anyhow. I only wanted him to take out a few scuffs from a door mirror (damaged when some sod try to nick my car) and a few scuffs from the rear bumper after someone drove into it at work.

The quality of the work looked OK at first glance, shame he used the wrong Satin Silver. So, I rejected the work, and asked him to do the job again, and try and match the colour better. I was polite, and didn’t shout at him, even though the work was obviously sub-standard, and not up to usual high standards I expect with body repairs. He’d already took 5 hours on the job, but I wanted it right.

After this second attempt, the colour still isn’t correct, I understand silver on bumpers is hard to match, but now it’s a lot duller. I finally just told him to leave, and now after two days the bumper is showing massive scratches and dull paint, and the wing mirror still has marks under the paint, where he hasn’t prepared the surface correctly.

In other words, he was a right Mickey Mouse outfit, and I cannot recommend them at all, and you’d be advised to steer well clear of car medic in this area. I’ve never seen such in-competency. I’d be better of using paint sucked up from a straw and blown over the bumper, then what I’ve got now. I’m hoping I can flat the surface and buff up again using a compound, as the lacquer is there, and the colour is slightly off. I’m in the process of putting a complaint in, but knowing this country and its slack happy work ethics I doubt I’ll get anything…

Just a warning to anyone looking to use these services. I’m not very impressed, not at all.

Soldato
Sounds like a bad bloke.

Smart localised repair can be done to a pretty decent standard by a half competant bloke. I had a guy from chips away get rid of a scuff on my front bumper (admittedly in dark pearlescent blue to much easier to match) and he did an ace job.

Back
Top Bottom