Great Xbox 360 Live E3 Content

Associate
2nd May, 2006- For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 – the biggest video game event of the year – to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week.

From 8th May at 08:01 GMT / 09.01 CET until Monday 15th May at 07:59 GMT / 08.59 CET, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.

During E3 week, Xbox 360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including:

Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:
- Test Drive: Unlimited (Atari)
- Moto GP™ ’06 (THQ)
- Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Dead or Alive® : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
- The Lord of the Rings ™, The Battle for Middle Earth™ II (EA Los Angeles)
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent ™ (Ubisoft)
- Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)
Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced

- Call of Duty®2 – New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)
- The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade
- Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).
- Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads
- Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes
- A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3

Verizon rewards gamers in the U.S.
Building on the success of the Xbox Live Free Gold Weekend partnership, Verizon will be presenting gamers in the U.S. with a free full week of Xbox Live Gold access and sponsoring the Xbox.com E3 coverage for the week. In addition to this, Verizon will be sponsoring the giving away of a million Microsoft Points. For more information about the week long programming and give-away, US gamers should check out www.richerdeeperbroader.com/xbox/ and www.xbox.com/e32006.

European football fans getting a boost from adidas
As well as bringing E3 right into their homes, football loving Xbox 360 owners in Europe can also take advantage of the Xbox Live Football Free-For-All, sponsored by adidas, taking place at the same time. This is a week-long schedule of activities on Xbox Live that celebrates all things football in a non-stop, connected world – gamers in European countries should check out www.Xbox.com for more details.

Stay tuned to the Xbox Live Calendar pages on Xbox.com in the coming weeks for more information on the schedule of events taking place during “E3 Bringing It Home” week.

Sign up for Xbox Live and Bring E3 Home on your Xbox 360, because remember, membership does have its privileges!

Associate
OP
da_mic_1530 said:
this may be the thing that pushes me into buying a Hard drive for my 360

+ give me more info on sonic!! new game or mega drive port for the arcade?

It is a brand new sonic game for the 360 and is being made by the fantastic sonic team

Soldato
Microsofts servers are gonna melt next week!!

Slightly cautious about the and/OR trailers bit meaning not all those games gonna have a playable demo (hopefully Moto GP & Sonic will!).

I'll probably buy uno as well :o

Soldato
bruce said:
my trial just ran out for live, is this new content available for freeloaders like me?
or do i have to fork out for a gold subs thingy?
Once your gold sub runs out you'll be on Silver, so I'm quite sure you can download trailers and demo's, you just can't do online gaming.

Associate
the first line says allowing people to participate in the FULL live experiencve for free.

I would guess that means online gaming as well. Sort of a shop window to drum up business.

Freeload away :D

Associate
The content is only going up for a week then. Hope they don't time limit the demos so they can't be used after E3.

Back
Top Bottom