Photoshop challenge

Associate
This pic has me stumped, whatever I try I have not been able to get even close to an acceptible pic. I'ts frustrating that I didnt get a better angle but I was dangling precariously over a riverbank with my 20D and Sigma 100-300 and by the time I got more stable and out of the way of a fence post, the prime picture had gone :(
Large version here

So is it recoverable? or is it destined for the bin?

swan_small.jpg

You could bring the water back over that area. with some careful with replacing reflections etc etc. I aint having a go as I have been doing photo restoration all day and im totally bumed from it! I have had to reconstruct a completely scribbled photo!

Soldato
Im assuming you just want to get the black bit on the left looking like the right. Should be able to do that with soem slective cloning.. Il see what i can do.

Out of interest does anyone think theres a profitable market for this if u can do it fairly well.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You can make money at anything if you're good enough at it :)

It's the black bit in the bottom left corner that needs something doing with it - you have artistic licence to do whatever you wish ;)

Soldato
right this is posing a lot more difficult than i thought.
To get rid of that i have to replace half the picture and its not looking realistic enough in the short attempt ive made. !!Look!! But given more time and effort, which seeing as i have a project in 2morow is something i dont have, i recon i can do it.

testcopy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks Chronic, BeaumonT and TerraS.... this is definitly outside of my current capabilities.. and I suspect the amount of work necessary would be too great to justify this picture. I like the idea of the bizarre framing but I think this is indeed destined for the bin (or at least a folder labelled "must learn how to use photoshop")

cheers for your attempts anyway

stu

Back
Top Bottom