My forum signature generator v.1.2 (also website banners etc)

Associate
I've just finished a test version of my new version of AMSG (acronym of Amazing Magical Signature Generator :p).

It's written in PHP and uses GD.

Features:
Random or specified image selection
png, gif, and jpg support
Can overlay random or a specific quote from a quotes file
Text shadowing + adjustable density (useful for ensuring visibility against images with similiar coloured backgrounds)
Basic 'tag' support (viewer's IP, browser, OS)

Think that's about it. It's pretty basic in some areas but I don't think I'm going to get any more developement done for a long while now (GCSEs soon! :eek: ), and so instead I'm publishing 'as is'.

My reason for posting this is simple; to let people know about it, they can try it, see what they think, use it if they like it, and tell me what you all think!

Download link:
http://www.piggott.me.uk/projects/amsg 1.2 RC1.zip

Project log:
http://www.piggott.me.uk/index.php?m=projects&s=amsg

This is my first real project with php aside from my website (which is pretty basic anyway), and so I'm pretty sure there are aspects about the way it works that could be improved on, and perhaps also syntax mistakes (php seems to be pretty flexible though so I wouldn't know). However, it worked for me, so go ahead and test :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yup interesting one that. The script does actually show the requesting IP address (192.168.1.1 is not hard coded in anywhere).

Problem is that ever since I upgraded my router a few days ago, the NAT seems really messed up, in that all incoming traffic has the source IP replaced with that of the router thus making logging etc. a nightmare (http://www.piggott.me.uk/index.php?b=&m=status&s=status for full boring story).

So it's only those signatures hosted on my server that show 192.168.1.1 (lay-z-boy's is hosted on my server too). Pretty much any other server should work and thus show 83.245.33.200 for example. Try and see if you don't believe it :p

Thanks so far to everyone for the comments, is it really that bad that nobody else comments? :p (keep 'em coming!)

Thanks, null :)

Soldato
Code:
};
};
};
};
};
/* snip */
};
};
};

:(

Edit:

Code:
$backgrounds = glob($config["imagepath"]."/{*.PNG,*.png,*.JPG,*.jpg,*.GIF,*.gif}", GLOB_BRACE);
$background = $backgrounds[array_rand($backgrounds)];

:cool:

Edit 2:

Pretty cool :)

Last edited:
Soldato
'course I don't mind :)

The first comment was about the semi-colons, which aren't required after braces in PHP. This is fine:

Code:
for( $i = 0; $i < 100; $i++ ) {
    if( $i == 5 ) {
        echo "lol!";
    }
}

Associate
OP
Ah ha... I thought I had read something somewhere about the semi-colons not being necessary everywhere but I couldn't remember under what conditions. So instead I put 'em everywhere just in case :p

Will remember that in future thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom