his iceq3 x1900xt + SN25P

Associate
ok guys i need to find out if the his iceq3 version 1900xt wil fit in the sn25p shuttle.

i dont mind removing the air duct as its the side that blows air out the case(and the iceq3 design releases air out the case too, so the gfx may be a good match).

any help guys......please :)

Associate
If your removing the duct, it will. Just. I tried the very thing this morning but I returned the card since I dont think its wise to remove the duct. If its designed like that, it has a reason to be there. Remember x1900 's are hot running cards really. Just because the cooler is good at shifting that heat, dont expect all of it to head straight out the back. Just my opinion; but I think its a bad idea to move that plastic.

Associate
OP
i may just go for an 1800xt instead knowing that it will fit and its cheap, but i'll have to do some homework.

1900 are hot but the fan end would be where the airduct is, and that part of the card would be a lot cooler as the fan is away from the actual gpu.i'm thinking if the iceq3 releases hot air out the case it will pretty much sub the air duct(it wont block the whole airway too).

more homework needed.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about removing the cpu duct....many people have done the same thing and plus the SN26p don't even use that cpu duct which is the same case.

But these x1900 cards do get very hot in these small shuttle cases..Am running an x1900xt-x myself in my sn26p..Cpu temps are no problem.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
tbh i've just spotted the upcoming sapphire toxic x1900xtx watercooled.

is this an independantly water cooled card?? or is it designed to be connected to a water cooled system?

if its a independent water cooled card it would be absolutely ideal for the sn25p.

Associate
OP
anyone have any forum links to people who have tried iceq3 x1900 in their sn25p's??

really need to know for sure about fitting(obviously without air duct.

platinumfx mate, i took my air duct out and the temps are EXACTLY the same as they were before.

Soldato
AceCard said:
anyone have any forum links to people who have tried iceq3 x1900 in their sn25p's??

really need to know for sure about fitting(obviously without air duct.

platinumfx mate, i took my air duct out and the temps are EXACTLY the same as they were before.

Considering the SN25P + 6800 + Artic Silencer 3 type setups had issue back when the SN25P was release (you had to cut a chunk out of the blower area of the cooler or the same on the drive cage) I think these would DEFINITELY have the same issue.

The duct removal is not an issue in the slightest though, never had issue with it in mine.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The duct will change temps 1, 2 degrees C max!!

It really isn't the duct you have to worry about :cool::)

Associate
OP
EVH said:
The duct will change temps 1, 2 degrees C max!!

It really isn't the duct you have to worry about :cool::)

god i wish i knew for sure, i'm buying in 2 days and i've tried to research for weeks.

i have googled and tried everything.......but no solid info anywhere.

:mad:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Well I own 4x SN25P's and 4 SN26P's and they all run the same.

The duct does little, if anything in my experience :)

Hope that helps

Associate
OP
EVH said:
Well I own 4x SN25P's and 4 SN26P's and they all run the same.

The duct does little, if anything in my experience :)

Hope that helps

i already run my shuttle without the airduct(which has had 0 effect on my temps, which are 20-30c idle and 30-40c load @2.8ghz 3700+)

my main concern is the iceq3 x1900xt/xt-x with the drivecage installed = room??

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It looks like a dual slot card from the pics on OcUk website..

I'd say it SHOULD fit (never had any issues with dual slotters in my SN25P's), but you're gonna have to sacrifice the adjacent PCIe 1x slot though mate :cool:

Associate
OP
thing is rma'ing is going to be a pain in the arse if it doesnt work out.

may just opt for the 7900gtx.

cant beleive nowone online has tried this card,barebones combination yet?? its astounding.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just RMA on the basis you don't like the card.

Distance selling act :)

Back
Top Bottom