• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Safe Operating Temperature for X1900XTX

Associate
Just a quick question guys, i was wondering, what is a good operating and safe operating temperature for X1900XTX, as it gains temperature very quick, yet the fan on it is quiet loud, i use ATITool to control the temperature, i was wondering what temperature should i try and keep it on? nothing to low, as this causes the fan to be very loud during gaming.
Thanks guys.

Soldato
SteveOBHave said:
I would assume that around 60-65C is probably the safe zone... much higher than 70C and I think you might have some airflow issues...
Most X1900XTX's will be above that. Under load i would say try and keep it below 85.... that is roughly what the default settings give iirc.

Soldato
SteveOBHave said:
I would assume that around 60-65C is probably the safe zone... much higher than 70C and I think you might have some airflow issues...
dont assume, give correct info :p ;)

i would say if its below 75-80 load thats good, it is one of the most powerful cards ever made after all, so it isnt going to be cool.

Soldato
lay-z-boy said:
dont assume, give correct info :p ;)

i would say if its below 75-80 load thats good, it is one of the most powerful cards ever made after all, so it isnt going to be cool.

LOL - fair call :) Just making the call based on my experience with my own cards - Asus AEX700 (bears no relevance) and my current Gainward 7800GT 512 GLH which never peaks above 61C... My bad :D

Oh well, the up side is you'll never need a heater in your room :p

Permabanned
X1900's will run upto 100C safely, Seriously.. You guys worry to much about temps. :)

But the Zalman VF900 Knocked my XTX down from 95C to 75C load.. Much nicer without the noise.. Increasing fanspeed with ATITool just makes it even worse plus its probably the most unstable overclocking ullity ever created.

Soldato
SteveOBHave said:
LOL - fair call :) Just making the call based on my experience with my own cards - Asus AEX700 (bears no relevance) and my current Gainward 7800GT 512 GLH which never peaks above 61C... My bad :D

Oh well, the up side is you'll never need a heater in your room :p

got that right, since i bought my dualcore x2 and my x1900 ive had to turn my radiators off in my room :eek:

Associate
OP
Shocky-FM said:
X1900's will run upto 100C safely, Seriously.. You guys worry to much about temps. :)

But the Zalman VF900 Knocked my XTX down from 95C to 75C load.. Much nicer without the noise.. Increasing fanspeed with ATITool just makes it even worse plus its probably the most unstable overclocking ullity ever created.
What program would you recommend for Fan control then on ATi cards?

Permabanned
FerociouS said:
What program would you recommend for Fan control then on ATi cards?

I wouldnt recommend you use any, you really don't need to.. But I do recommend you buy a VF-900. ... Very easy to fit.

Only reason you might want to increase fanspeed is to overclock but that brings us to the main problem..... There is no stable overclocing software for the 1800/1900. :p

Associate
OP
Shocky-FM said:
I wouldnt recommend you use any, you really don't need to.. But I do recommend you buy a VF-900. ... Very easy to fit.

Only reason you might want to increase fanspeed is to overclock but that brings us to the main problem..... There is no stable overclocing software for the 1800/1900. :p
cool, thanks for the input m8

Back
Top Bottom