PSU for new rig

Associate
Can any one reccomend a good and preferably cheap psu for use on the following system?

Pentium D 920
Abit lg-81 motherboard
2GB PQI turbo DDR-2 667 memory
x1900xtx 512mb graphics card
160GB Sata2 maxtor hard-drive
nec dvd-drive

all mounted into an aspire x-qpack. The. size of the PSU is important as not all seem to fit (especially with nec drives) I know the enermax liberty would fit but would the 500w model be strong enough or would I need to go for a higher rated model?

Thanks

Associate
semi-pro waster said:
A good 500w PSU like the Liberty would be easily capable of powering that system so if it fits then I'd go for that as it is one of the best.

Agree'd, also ordered one of these as they're on offer this week (till thursday) making them amazing value. Mine came this morning!

Associate
OneWingedAngel said:
Would the 500w liberty have enough in it to overclock a lot? I'm hoping to get the cpu to around 4ghz.

From many reviews i've read it's not struggled with an SLi rig with both oc'd CPU & GPU's. and that's just the 500W version. Many people underestimate the power of PSU's, and go for 700W + when to be fair it isn't needed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
kayone said:
From many reviews i've read it's not struggled with an SLi rig with both oc'd CPU & GPU's. and that's just the 500W version. Many people underestimate the power of PSU's, and go for 700W + when to be fair it isn't needed.

that was my worry, either going oerkill and getting a 620w version for over the odds, or buying an underpowered one and having to get another one.

Back
Top Bottom