Some advice: Celica or the S3?

Associate
Hi

Just bought a Celica but also just found out that it will be a little cheaper to insure me on an S3.

The S3 will cost a little more as my celica is worth about £9000, the S3 's Im looking at come to about £10-12k, bearing in mind I'll probably spend a little more to get the windows tinted and get a dvd HU or something.

I'm all for the power increase, the slightly better fuel consumption and more of a 'big thing in a small package' look but I do like the style of my celica.

I'd just like some advice from any S3 owners, or Celica owners for that matter.

Thanks for any advice

Associate
OP
I don't know about the (new) celica being common, I don't see them much but I agree they do lack the pulling power because esentially it's a 140 bhp car till it hits lift.

Soldato
An S3 with 225 -> 260bhp (tuned) and quattro vs a Celica, I know where my money would be every time. I'm considering an S3 as my next car but would never put the Celica on my list, its a VERY different animal both in looks and power and practicality IMHO

MB

Man of Honour
S3 > Celica.

But 330i > S3 becuase FWD hatchbacks... oh sorry yea its 4wd sometimes... are not as good :p

But if its a choice between S3 or Celica, S3 every time.

Soldato
Sacred said:
240 bhp right?

I would like some space in the back though....

there suprisingly is room in the back, I can get 4 adults in my car no problem.

and its 250BHP for the jap import (255ps on their fuel)

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
S3 > Celica.

But 330i > S3 becuase FWD hatchbacks... oh sorry yea its 4wd sometimes... are not as good :p

But if its a choice between S3 or Celica, S3 every time.
Yeah, cause not having power going down through four wheels is a real draw back when I'm going in a straight line on the motorway. ;P

Soldato
audis31gl.jpg

MB

Back
Top Bottom