Official countdown to graduation thread

Associate
My ceremony is on June 26th (right in the middle of an exercise with the RNR but can't be helped).

I've got exams next Monday and Tuesday, then more the following Monday and Wednesday then after 5 long years I am finally finished! :D :D

Start my job on September 5th :D so I will be receiving a nice dole chq every week between my last exam and then (don't want a debate on this :cool: ).

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
The countdown's always nice :)
I've got 19 days to go till I hand in my last piece of work. Graduation's not until July sometime but I'm not bothering going, too expensive and I'm not interested.
Then a few months of working part time, hopefully getting some more hours, then start my Masters in Staffordshire in September. :)

Associate
I finish somewhere between 11 and 18th of june. I have a viva sometime in that gap, but not sure when yet. Then graduation is twenty something of july. The bad news is that i graduate 2 weeks after my jury service starts, so its possible i wont be able to go and I`ll have no idea if i`ll be able to make it or not. Really not sure whether to buy tickets/hire stuff.

(if anyone remembers my jury duty thread a while back, after my second letter i got a call from a nice woman and it got moved to the summer holidays and a court near my home and not uni)

Soldato
My last exam is on June 1st, and I think I'll hang around Uni for a week after that for a few last nights out and to make sure to say goodbye to everyone.

My grad ceremony is on Thursday 13 July 2006, and I should have a nice tan for the photos as I have a 2 week holiday to Florida booked from 25th June til 9th July!!

Grad ball is on July 14th.

edit: I start work October the 2nd so have a nice long break to look forward to!

Suspended
Dissertation hand-in: 18th May
First exam: 1st June
Last exam: 9th June
Partying hard: 9th-25th June
May balls: 19-21st June
Exam results: 22nd June
Find out whether I have a PhD place or not: 23rd June :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Last exam here on the 2nd of june, shame i have another 6 to do before that :( then graduate on the 20th of july :D so im not going to be missing any of the world cup for the first time ever! i cannot wait one month of football to be watched. :D

Associate
OP
Last exam starts in 19 mins! It's a first year accounts class that I took just to make up the credits. Haven't really bothered doing all that much work for it. Happy days! 139 mins and my 5 years at uni are over!

Soldato
Graduation for my MSc is not till december, but for all of you saying "im not going I dont want to".

Graduation is not about you, its about your parents, mind would absolutly kill me if I told them I wasn't bothering with graduation.

KaHn

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
KaHn said:
Graduation for my MSc is not till december, but for all of you saying "im not going I dont want to".

Graduation is not about you, its about your parents, mind would absolutly kill me if I told them I wasn't bothering with graduation.

KaHn
Mine aren't bothered luckily :) They went to my Dad's and my Aunt's a few years back so I guess they're bored of them now :p
If they were bothered I'd have gone to give them happy, but they said it's up to me.

I might go to my Msc graduation next year though, I'll see.

I have one more brief assignment to do then I'm done and can be rid of the place :D

Associate
OP
If I said I wasn't going to the ceremony I would get castrated by my gf. Then it would get sewn back on so my maw and da could also have a go. £30 for ceremony plus £30 for gown hire. A bit steep but it only happens once (unless you can't get a job and do a postgrad instead).

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
big_white_dog84 said:
(unless you can't get a job and do a postgrad instead).
Erm, some people do postgrad courses because they want to, not just because they can't get a job :rolleyes:

Soldato
I finished on May 3rd but my ceremony isnt until 6th Sept!

In fact at the risk of going slightly OT, i went to the cinema and the lovely bint on the other side of the desk refused my NUS card - it had ran out on 04/06 :confused: Surely i can keep it until i graduate? Hell i wasnt even finished Uni in April!? :(

Soldato
big_white_dog84 said:
If I said I wasn't going to the ceremony I would get castrated by my gf. Then it would get sewn back on so my maw and da could also have a go. £30 for ceremony plus £30 for gown hire. A bit steep but it only happens once (unless you can't get a job and do a postgrad instead).

Big white dog what course do you do?

KaHn

Suspended
Scam said:
In fact at the risk of going slightly OT, i went to the cinema and the lovely bint on the other side of the desk refused my NUS card - it had ran out on 04/06 :confused: Surely i can keep it until i graduate? Hell i wasnt even finished Uni in April!? :(
It's hardly her fault, is it?

Associate
How can you think about graduation when you havent even done your exams. . its the last thing on my mind! My exams start in just under 3 weeks. Hopefully I can nail top 10 in the year to get decent phd funding.

Back
Top Bottom