Live For Speed

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Chaps,
Don't know how many of you play computer games, but you really should go out and try the dem that is available for "Live for Speed".
The dem is rather limited on tracks and cars, but is still completely addictive and IMO is probably one of the best driving games I've ever tried.
Maybe we can have an OCUK server for this? That would be cool.

Can't say I'm any good yet. Been playing two nights and can't get within 6 seconds of some of the more skilled players.

Apologies about the fact that this is the motors forum, but it's certainly related and I did think that more people here would be interested than in the games forum.

Here's a link:
http://www.liveforspeed.net/

Soldato
There's a few regulars in the Games forum who play this, and there is an OcUK LFS "team", they have done a few races in the past :)

I've got this, fully licenced, I really must get playing it some more and get up to scratch, I've got a Logitech Driving Force Pro (900 degree) wheel sitting at home gathering dust at the moment :(

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
I'm only playing the dem so far, which limits you to one track and three cars. Still awesome fun and so challenging to play well. Really does have the best physics I've experienced in a computer game.
All the setup options you have are pretty mind blowing. I got started yesterday on fiddling with the gear ratios, tyres, tyre pressures, ride height, diff and camber. I'm guessing at the moment, but it's getting there and that knocked a few seconds off my lap time.
There's a unofficial 120 manual on their forum that I've downloaded and looks worth a read (something to do on the train home). In addition, some of the players have uploaded their setups which can be imported directly and then played with to your own satisfaction. I'm hoping that I can get to be competitive in another week.
At present I'm really making up numbers and only making places when people balls up.

Associate
Freefaller said:
My laptop's not particularly powerful or has a great gfx card but hopefully it'll run and I can give it a go tonight in my hotel room! :D Don't have a steering wheel though :(

Should be able to run it fine, system requirements aren't too high.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17565952&highlight=LFS

You will find most of the members that play in this thread.
I got the S2 license last week and am loving the game.
Handling is excellent and very instinctive. System demand is minimal.
Loads of cars and tracks. Skins very easily created and uploaded.
Massive online community with hundreds of peeps online.
A brilliant desktop feature that auto saves your personal bests and records.
Also enables easy downloading of vids of the world records, player stats, etc etc etc.
For 24 quid this game is a Bargain.
I have played and own most racers, namely GTL Rfactor GTR and RBR and without doubt LFS is the most fun.

Soldato
Had this game for a few months now. Getting the full game is deffo worth it as you have so many more tracks and cars to play with.

It's pretty cool. Online is only good on Demo servers or for causing mass pile-ups (joke :D) imo.

If you get it, even if you have the Demo, download LFS Tweak from the LFS forums.

Great little mod which lets you change all the dynamics of the engine (power curve, general power, turbo, cc, layout: V6, inline 4, V12, straight 1 etc)

Tis cool. You can even choose between FWD, RWD, AWD, adjust the weight, wheel size, width and tyre size.

After a while you can make some cool cars.

Favourite so far is a 410Bhp N/A 3l V6 in the XFG which revs upto a healthy 13,000Rpm. Sounds mint. And in a car weighing 601Kg, tis great fun :D

I'll get a vid up later.

Associate
One of the regulars here ;)

Glad theres a few more people discovering this game, its a blast racing online.

Keep an eye out for our server, 'OcUK.Racing' in the list. We have regular Wednesday meets, and theres a mini-championship coming up shortly.

All are welcome, and don't be scared to ask for advice or setups...we're a friendly bunch :)

Back
Top Bottom