Quick Insurance Quotes

Associate
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone knows any web sites that let you get a quick quote with the minimum amount of data and fuss.

e.g.

No claims,
Type of cover
Postcode
Car / Value
Miles etc

Ages ago you could do this on egg but seems to be gone now.

The reason is I'm considering a couple of different cars want some 'ballpark' figures and don't want to fill xxxx questions to get either paper/email or telephone spam.

Cheers all.

Soldato
Norwich Union isn't too bad.... there are a fair few questions, but they're all one one page so you don't have to keep waiting for it to load new pages etc and can tab through them quickly.

Soldato
Quick quotes tend to be a waste of time... just take 2 more minutes and bang you details into confused.com and let them trawl for you.

Usually you can just go in and ammend the quotes generated for you on the final broking system if you want to check a range of vehicles. Most of them also have a "please don't spam me" check box, which I have found to be pretty good.

basically, the more time you spend, the cheaper(to a point)/ more accurate quote you will end up with.

olv

olv

Soldato
Elephant and Admiral i find pretty quick to use and really easy to go back and change cars for a different quote

Soldato
Wile E. Coyote said:
I used confused.com and it came back with quotes of over £1000 for my Mazda 5
Tried elephant.co.uk and got it for £450 :D

Guess which I used?

This is why its always best to keep looking... for me a quote on a 406 coupe V6 (i'm looking for one at the moment) is about £600 on elephant, confused can find someone (budget) at about £420... (scarily, they want more for the 2.2 Hdi, about £540)

In total they brough back over 30 quotes. It certainly saves time in typing it all in.

If I was actually ready to buy the insurance, the next thing I would do would be to try to the company given by Confused directly, (both on a internet quote and phoning them up), to see if they can beat their own price - 0though confused claim not to take money from you, both times I have used them, I have got a cheaper price cutting out confused.

Insurance is all about looking for a good deal, same as buying the car, you have to shop around until you are happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom