Example of a disconnected database in c#

Soldato
Does anyone have an example of a disconnected database in C# with ADO.NET?

The database itself doesnt matter, only have some basic functionality I can look at.

sfx

sfx

Associate
A Disconnected Database? Not sure what you are after here mate, are you after help connecting to a Database and adding, updating records etc...?

Cheers,

sfx

Soldato
OP
A database that can work on a local replica and then update at a chosen time to a central store.

It's not greatly important, but would be nice if I could take a look at a functional one, have googled for good long while but turned up nothing.

Associate
BrenOS said:
A database that can work on a local replica and then update at a chosen time to a central store.

It's not greatly important, but would be nice if I could take a look at a functional one, have googled for good long while but turned up nothing.
are you thinking of disconnected recordsets? if so the whole ADO.NET architecture operates on the disconnected model. Once you populate a dataset ADO.NET "disconnects" (sorry poor word here) from the underlaying database, and you work solely in memory. This is all good until you write back your changes to the database, then you have to start handling any changes that might have happened while you where playing with the data :)

An introductory article: http://www.awprofessional.com/articles/article.asp?p=169485&rl=1

[edit]Actually I missunderstood what you wanted.

But found this article which covers the major difference between ADO & ADO.NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20050719.asp [/edit]

akakjs

Last edited:

sfx

sfx

Associate
Ah right I see. You can fill a DataTable and the disconnect, modify the DataTable, Reconnect ot the Database and Dave the changes.

As said before this is what .NET is all about. I will knock a quick sample for you when I get home tonight. :)

sfx

Back
Top Bottom