Horse Races

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I'm going to the races this Saturday for a **** up / place a few bets kind of thing with the lads.

It’s the first time I've been and one of my mates is talking about going to the bookies Friday to put some accumulators on? Now he's text me this so don't really wanna text back asking him to explain what these accumulators are, as it’s not ideal over text. So all you race enthusiasts. Go forth and explain. :D......please.

Cheers

daz

daz

Soldato
I believe an accummulator is a bet that "accummulates" through the races. Say there are 4 races, and you pick the winner in each one you can setup a bet that takes the winnings from the first one and places it on the second one, the winnings from that onto the third and then onto the fourth. I'm not really into betting, but it can be a fun way to place bets and win a bit of cash with just a couple of quid.

An analogy to football bets would be betting on the outcome of several matches, or picking first scorer and final score and getting those correct.

Soldato
OP
Ah makes sense. So basically for you to win any money you need to win all 4 bets, but the winnings would be quite substancial to the amount you placed originally?

Associate
Yup thats spot on, if your not into betting I'd go for a lucky 15 or lucky 31 and then the odd bet on the course if you feel like leaving the pub.

Lucky 15/31 Are where you pick 4 (lucky 15) or 5 (lucky 31) horses and it puts all the combination bets on for those 5. All the single win bets, all the doubles and trebles and one accumulator.

For example for a lucky 15: Lets call the horses 1,2,3 and 4.

4x Win singles

6x Doubles
1+2
1+3
1+4
2+3
2+4
3+4

4xTrebles
1+2+3
1+2+4
1+3+4
2+3+4

1x Accummulator

So a £1 stake lucky 15 would cost you £15 as it places all the combination bets, doubles and trebles are mini accumulators.

The nice thing about these bets is that bookies put bonuses on them, if you only have one winner then they double your winnings, if you have all 4 winners then they add 10% to your winnings.

Lucky 31 is obviously the same but with all the combinations from 5 horses and costs 31x your stake, there are also ones for 6 horses (alphabet I think its called?) etc etc.

You can do this all online on any online booky.

Back
Top Bottom