Virgin Mobile PAYG - Free texts ????

Associate
Last month I got me and my girlfriend some virgin mobile sim cards that allow us to text each other for 3p saving us a fortune !!!

Just recently virgin havent been charging us for our texts and logging ino the website shows that each text is being reported as costing 0.00p

Is this just a reward scheme or are we getting free texts when we shouldnt be :D

I know orange gave me free evening and weekend texts when i spent £15 a month but this seems to be free texts all the time and ive only put a tenner on lol

Anyone shed any light ?

B.

Associate
OP
MeddlE said:
Summer of Text I believe, lasts until September? Good though isn't it.

From the 28th of April to the 30th of September, Virgin Mobile customers can send up to 1000 free texts from or within the UK per calendar month to another Virgin Mobile. (28th of April to 31st of May counts as one month.) Texts to other Virgin Mobile customers are free, however you pay. So if you're a bundle customer or you're on a Pay Monthly contract, you won't pay a single penny or lose a single text from your allowance when you text another Virgin Mobile phone within the UK

Absoloutely gobsmacked by that offer :D
Text bill will go from £30 pm to zilch zippo nadda :D

EXCELLENT !!!!!

Associate
Just remember, a lil birdy told me that you need atleast 1p credit on your airtime (if PAYG) to take advantage of this deal. I have spoken to plenty of people who have had 0p airtime and couldn't send 'free' text messages...

Associate
Cueball said:
Just remember, a lil birdy told me that you need atleast 1p credit on your airtime (if PAYG) to take advantage of this deal. I have spoken to plenty of people who have had 0p airtime and couldn't send 'free' text messages...

Aye, that's true - it's the same for voicemail though - it's free to retrive it but you need to have a balance that it 1p or more.

If you're stuck and can't top up, call into cust services 789 and they can credit 1p to the phone to allow the offer / vmail to work.

Kev

Back
Top Bottom