C++ Programming Assignment - Making Tetris

Associate
Basically i have an assignment where i have to make the game Tetris using C++. I'm stuck on where to start with it! It involves code using the GWIN library stuff and i've also got to make a menu and hi score chart with it. Can anyone give me some pointers how to start it?
Thanks for any replies.

Associate
Saint said:
Basically i have an assignment where i have to make the game Tetris using C++. I'm stuck on where to start with it! It involves code using the GWIN library stuff and i've also got to make a menu and hi score chart with it. Can anyone give me some pointers how to start it?
Thanks for any replies.

try asking your tutor. he/she gets paid to help you with just this kind of problem.

doubt anyone here will want to do your homework for you.

Associate
Well now,

Try looking on the VLP under the lectures folder where it gives you examples of how to do the menu, move shapes down, etc. etc.
All you have todo is put it all together.

Or failing that, you could always goto the lectures on Mon afternoons.

Soldato
Personally I would start by create a class for each of the objects... get them with their own draw command and you will need co-ordinates for all 4 orientations.
Then work on finding out if its hit something etc.

ps you guys go trent? this a paul macdonald assignment?

Associate
Yeah i do, and i assumed Saint does.
No one else else would use Gwin.

It is a Paul Macdonald assignment.

The 1st years haven't done classes yet, they're just using structs really.

Associate
I don't think this years assignment is as hard as the previous years.
He's given everyone examples on how to do virtually everything, and they have to just put it together.

He mentioned classes very briefly in one lecture, and has never mentioned pointers or inheritance etc.

Associate
If the tutor hasn't specifically asked for Structs or said "don't use classes" then perhaps it's an opportunity to receive a higher mark.

Back
Top Bottom